Carolina Crown 2017

4 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I just watched a video of Crown from Salem and the guard was still  a little sloppy(drops, flags not in time) in a few spots IMO, not sure what's going on with them but hopefully they can lock down and really clean up over the next 10 days. Also, I hope a new ending was added, since they have been off yesterday and today, and will reveal it either tomorrow in Chester or Saturday in Allentown, I'll be at both shows, yippie..The current ending is very blah for me and I really like this show so they need a killer ending. I agree the show is great musically and visually so I don't see why some people find it boring, it's far from boring for me personally..they just need to max this show out in Indy to stay in medal contention or that corps from Canton might take the medal away. 

I don't find anything Crown does as boring. But I don't think this show concept is as effective as it needed to be. And, I do think you need to understand what you are looking at to get this show. I tend to not appreciate shows like that in general, thus my Little Man theory.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Just Here said:

And Members should not be penalized in GE because of poor design in my opinion.

But they are. Bad design comes from the grown ups, but it is ultimately the members that pay for it. 

Grown up mistakes are not limited to Crown; go read the Cadets threads from the last two years. 

Crown's show is so fun. Be proud guys. My favorite brass moments of the year. SCV were the only ones close. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Just Here said:

And Members should not be penalized in GE because of poor design in my opinion.

My complaint is just the opposite, that judges don't punish shows for poor design, so long as corps march it cleanly.

13 hours ago, jsd said:

But they are. Bad design comes from the grown ups, but it is ultimately the members that pay for it. 

Grown up mistakes are not limited to Crown; go read the Cadets threads from the last two years. 

That is true, and it is one of the things that makes this activity so unique. The responsibility on the design staff, six months before a single marching member signs a contract, have never been higher. With the time constraints corps have to learn any show, and the sheer complexity of these shows today, it is absolutely imperative that what you put on the field on Day 1 is pretty darned close to what you march in Indy. You cannot expect teenagers to learn two or three shows, cleanly, in one season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

My complaint is just the opposite, that judges don't punish shows for poor design, so long as corps march it cleanly.

If that was the case, Bloo wouldn't have medaled last year 

• Like 1