Carolina Crown 2017

Really? Fine? That's all you have say? Fine?

Well what the hell am I supposed to say?

You disagree with me. You are wrong. I am right. I'm going to convince you why this is so. My post was not opinion it is fact.

I shared my opinion, he disagrees, I acknowledged that because in the end it's just my opinion and I don't have a God complex where I think I am right all the time so yeah.

That's it.

O.o

• Like 1

Well what the hell am I supposed to say?

You disagree with me. You are wrong. I am right. I'm going to convince you why this is so. My post was not opinion it is fact.

I shared my opinion, he disagrees, I acknowledged that because in the end it's just my opinion and I don't have a God complex where I think I am right all the time so yeah.

That's it.

O.o

you forgot to include the #throwsnearestobject ! lol

Were there some errors with those? Yes. It's almost impossible to move stuff that large in a uniform and delicate way. The difference is the props you mentioned from this year were actually functional, made well and were aesthetically pleasing, utilized in more than one way throughout the whole program, and actually contributed in some way to their respective visual programs.

Cadets boxes? Just kinda sat there, were in the way, looked somewhat cheap, and were not utilized at all except for a singular soloist in the end of the show. Also, when they were moved your attention was not placed elsewhere, you were forced to watch those things struggle to get to their spot and be aligned straight. And I say that as someone who hugely loves that show so the double standard argument isn't going to work on me.

If you're trying to compare those things to a prop from 2016, the Colts props might be more in their league.......

Aaaaaaand back to Carolina Crown 2017.

Cadets 2013 could have been 2-3. The judges could have easily scored them higher. The "boxes issue" was not an issue but they chose it to be. Plenty of props after that by other corps were scrutinized less.

for all future FNBB honks:

• no one expects Jeff Sacktig's drill to be identical to Leon's.
  • no one expects the show design to be identical to Keith's
  • one might expect some similarity in guard work; Joey marched under Doo-doo.
  • yes -- Crown will be different.
  • yes --PMT had an influence in forming Crown's identity.
  • no -- they didn't create it all on their own
  • no -- Crown will not cease to be Crown just because some key staff has changed
  • no -- BAC honks have not said Boston will sound like Cadets and march/spin like Crown. that was a straw man (which apparently some of you never get tired of standing up)
Why is he called Doo-doo?