Time for top 14 on sat night

Ok -- how do you want to divide up the field at Retreat?

12 works great. Don't mess with it.

• Like 3

One of the most popular requests out there but it won't be changing people. There's a reason it's been at 12 for so long...it works!

So far, this is a no hitter.

Instead,how about all corps arrive at Lucas Oil in their street clothes, and the uniforms will be first come first served.

• Like 1

I went to semifinals and thursday id rather see drumcorps than awards ceremonies and tha marines for forty minutes. Thats not giving a trophy to everyone it goes 38 to 25 to 14. Tickets are high enough sat for more drumcorps to be on.

These corps are way better nowadays than in past.

People say this a lot, but no one ever gets specific. Maybe you could rank all 45 twelfth place corps in DCI's history for us, so we can match up our own tastes with yours and see if we concur? (Off the top of my head, I happen to prefer Colts 1999, and Crossmen 2012, and Troopers 2009, and even Crossmen 1989 to Boston Crusaders 2016.) Or maybe you could just tell us: when was "the past" for you? Is 2015 "the past"? Are 2016's corps way better than 2015's corps? Or if "the past" was, say, 2006 and earlier, or 1996 and earlier, or 1986 and earlier, was there a point somewhere in the middle when Finals ought to have been 13 corps, rather than the 14 you propose for now? And what if Finals is expandd to 14 corps, but next year's corps turn out to be worse than this year's corps?