Complaints

Curious if the OP was in attendance at finals?

I thought the Cadets were fairly scored and I thought Houdini was under scored, would have put them over SCV

I saw Cadets 3 times early then again finals week, they were far more impressive early and the only show change that seemed solid was ditching the stage. Cadets beat themselves

• Like 3

I know you can't dictate all of what happens in the theatre industry, but going to a live music event at a movie theatre and having crappy sound sort of defeats the purpose. After paying the money to go to the season premiere, there was no way I was paying for that experience again for the prelims.

To me, it makes infinitely more sense to just cut a deal with the cable/satellite companies and stream it live via PPV.

Curious if the OP was in attendance at finals?

I thought the Cadets were fairly scored and I thought Houdini was under scored, would have put them over SCV

I saw Cadets 3 times early then again finals week, they were far more impressive early and the only show change that seemed solid was ditching the stage. Cadets beat themselves

I now believe Cadets were their own enemies this season. This is a small industry, and you can bet the rumors of great unrest made it to the judging community. No way they didn't know what was happening, and why.

In the end, the more changes they saw, the more they downgraded them.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems pretty clear now that a line was crossed somewhere early on in this season with the Cadets' show. The show, IMHO, got better and better, but relative to their competition scored worse and worse. I felt badly for the kids. It sucks when you feel like you are clearly getting better, and scoring worse.

• Like 1

Seat hoppers. One asked me to present my ticket. For my seat.

Amazingly, the two seats next to me were not filled by ticket holders for all three nights. (Amazing, because they were great seats.) But on Saturday, a young gentleman sat in one of the seats, and then spent the entire evening with his face buried in his smart phone texting. He missed all the final's visual programs because texting his friends was more engrossing, I guess.

• Like 1

Beat me to it. This is my only major complaint.

I sit in Sec 240 and I always request the aisle seat so I can make it to the bathroom and back in time between shows if need be. Those seats are near the portal and, each day, the "hoppers" come bouncing in, looking for empties where they can sit until booted out. Some hang around the portal, some blocking the view of those sitting above the portal, and wait for people to leave to catch a show.

Between the fan seat hoppers, and the staff who feel entitled to sit anywhere they like, to the MM's who sheepishly hover in the portal, the aisles are always full of hoppers.

I realize that DCI saves money by not paying for ushers, and that these are among the most first-world problems that can be faced, but seat-hoppers just pee-me off bigtime.

There. Back to work.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Beat me to it. This is my only major complaint.

I sit in Sec 240 and I always request the aisle seat so I can make it to the bathroom and back in time between shows if need be. Those seats are near the portal and, each day, the "hoppers" come bouncing in, looking for empties where they can sit until booted out. Some hang around the portal, some blocking the view of those sitting above the portal, and wait for people to leave to catch a show.

Between the fan seat hoppers, and the staff who feel entitled to sit anywhere they like, to the MM's who sheepishly hover in the portal, the aisles are always full of hoppers.

I realize that DCI saves money by not paying for ushers, and that these are among the most first-world problems that can be faced, but seat-hoppers just pee-me off bigtime.

There. Back to work.

which is why he wants the aisle seat near the bathrooms in the first place.

Terri Schehr

DCP Veteran

• 174 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

DCI evidently double printed some tickets on the fifth level, others bought online at last minute from third parties which turned out to be bogus tickets. Those who had purchased the same seat for all three shows were asked to be the bigger person and move from the 50 yard line seats out to the 20s where seats were still being charged $129 per seat. Come on DCI, get real.

I'll call out Oregon Crusaders,Cascades, Music City, and Pacific Crest kids by the corps jackets they wore as the most numerous seat hoppers once abandoned by their admin staff as observed in my seating area.

Edited by xandandl