Complaints

Too many are just robotic conductors. Even after a corps performance, I'd expect the lead DM to at least speak to their fellow mm for a great performance before facing the crowd.

Pardon the interruption of complaints...

But how about that DM from the Academy? Wow!!!

-okay, back to your complaints!

• Like 2

It is interesting that Blue Devils now feels very mainstream to me. That said, I'm all for a variety of approaches. Academy is one thing, Blue Knights is another. Both were finalists.

I personally don't want everyone to do Mary Poppins shows. But I also don't think Blue Knights will medal doing extremely esoteric concepts that get little to no audience reaction.

I agree. You can't have "Mary Poppins" shows all the time...and a lot of corps who did esoteric concepts in 2015 did more substantive shows in 2016...but you can also have a little substance without being cheesy or "Disney"-esque. Make it 90% esoteric/artistic if you want, but give us a LITTLE substance.

Edited by chris7997

Person behind me told me to sit all the way back in my seat at semis, instead of closer to the edge like I normally do. First time anyone ever complained. If I'm all the way back in my seat I feel like I'm not actively watching the shows. :\

Wow, where were you sitting? The guy behind me did the exact same to me! Then I find out that he was a seat-hopper! He hopped to a section over later in the evening and I darn-near went over to him to rub his nose in it. But I didn't. "It's just band", I said to myself.

Pardon the interruption of complaints...

But how about that DM from the Academy? Wow!!!

-okay, back to your complaints!

Very nice. But I'll take Phantom's any day of the week. THAT guy had the downbeats NAILED and showed great expression of the music he wanted played.

• Like 1

Person behind me told me to sit all the way back in my seat at semis, instead of closer to the edge like I normally do. First time anyone ever complained. If I'm all the way back in my seat I feel like I'm not actively watching the shows. :\

The gal in front of me was doing the same thing. It's a bit annoying to have someone's head in the way.

And she really shouldn't have been wearing that tank top, either...

Wow, where were you sitting? The guy behind me did the exact same to me! Then I find out that he was a seat-hopper! He hopped to a section over later in the evening and I darn-near went over to him to rub his nose in it. But I didn't. "It's just band", I said to myself.

Hah. I was in 140 row 18, seat 7 or so.

I died last night...yet there was no obituary in this morning's paper.

Oh, the humanity....

• Like 1

Very nice. But I'll take Phantom's any day of the week. THAT guy had the downbeats NAILED and showed great expression of the music he wanted played.

which is part of why he won the Jim Jones award in his rookie year as principal conductor 3 years ago. Because you can't win that award twice, others had to share the honors.

JT at Academy would have gotten it for his conducting, Austin Baker got his for his leadership off the field as well.

which is why he wants the aisle seat near the bathrooms in the first place.

Terri Schehr

DCP Veteran

• 174 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

Seat hoppers. One asked me to present my ticket. For my seat.

DCI evidently double printed some tickets on the fifth level, others bought online at last minute from third parties which turned out to be bogus tickets. Those who had purchased the same seat for all three shows were asked to be the bigger person and move from the 50 yard line seats out to the 20s where seats were still being charged $129 per seat. Come on DCI, get real.

I'll call out Oregon Crusaders,Cascades, Music City, and Pacific Crest kids by the corps jackets they wore as the most numerous seat hoppers once abandoned by their admin staff as observed in my seating area.

. Since 2009, my seats for all three shows are sec.140, row 1, seats 11 and 12. This Is the first time someone asked to see my ticket after I politely told them that they were in our seats. Pretty brazen.