Complaints

I'm still irritated by DCI's weird and archaic digital online practices.

And I want the Blue Devils to play more real jazz. (Though I'm surprisingly warming up more to this year's show.)

Honestly, other than that, I'm good.

Mike

. Since 2009, my seats for all three shows are sec.140, row 1, seats 11 and 12. This Is the first time someone asked to see my ticket after I politely told them that they were in our seats. Pretty brazen.

This year was near record attendance, wasnt it? I think that's part of the problem. Less and less actually open seats for corps members to sit in on the sideline sections of the field, where it was less of a problem with more seats open in past years. (Wasnt long ago attendance was ~17000, where this year it was 22k. A lot of seats to fit the members\staff in) Place was packed. May have legitimately been people who grabbed a seat that was unclaimed earlier, and thought it was 'theirs' for the night, and not fair game for anyone else without a ticket to grab... resulting in those people asking for a ticket before moving..

That being said, the first rule of grabbing seats as a member\staff is that while grabbing seats is generally viewed as OK, you also give those back to someone if they have the tickets.

• Like 1

Person behind me told me to sit all the way back in my seat at semis, instead of closer to the edge like I normally do. First time anyone ever complained. If I'm all the way back in my seat I feel like I'm not actively watching the shows. :\

When you lean forward in your seat, the person directly in back of you can't see. I have gone to LOS every year since 2009, and every year I and my friends have to ask people in front of us to sit back because we cannot see. It is a matter of being sensitive to the folks sitting in back of you. No one is trying to spoil your enjoyment.

• Like 1

When you lean forward in your seat, the person directly in back of you can't see. I have gone to LOS every year since 2009, and every year I and my friends have to ask people in front of us to sit back because we cannot see. It is a matter of being sensitive to the folks sitting in back of you. No one is trying to spoil your enjoyment.

I appreciate your thoughts and sorry for your experience. But the crown of a head is not going to interrupt your view by much at all and my opinion is that, if the seat was paid for, the owner can sit any darn way he wants to, so long as he's sitting. (Seat-hoppers have no rights at all, IMO)

Tall people sitting back still block the view from behind. Extra wide people block the view from the sides, tall and wide people block the view for someone everywhere. What's to be done?

I'll sit any dam way I please so long as my rear is in the seat, thank you. And get off my lawn.

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

Person behind me told me to sit all the way back in my seat at semis, instead of closer to the edge like I normally do. First time anyone ever complained. If I'm all the way back in my seat I feel like I'm not actively watching the shows. :\

In all honesty when someone sits on the edge of the seat it completely blocks the person sitting behind them, probably 10 to 15 yards and anything below the front hash in that area. I had a gentleman sit in front of me who was approx 6'3 and large stature he sat on the edge for one corps then thankfully sat back or I would've had to ask him to sit back. To view anything at all I had to completely move my body from side to side.

Even worse, one year I had a 9-10 year old sit on the dad's lap. So it pushed the dad to one side and the kid to the other. Completely blocking my view. After a few corps I politely asked the dad to have the kid sit in it's seat. The kid started crying and they left 15 minutes later. Sorry, but I live across the country. Between flights, hotel, show tix, car rental and taking time off work I'm spending over $1500( just for me)to watch three nights of drum corps.I should at least be able to enjoy the shows.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

This year was near record attendance, wasnt it? I think that's part of the problem. Less and less actually open seats for corps members to sit in on the sideline sections of the field, where it was less of a problem with more seats open in past years. (Wasnt long ago attendance was ~17000, where this year it was 22k. A lot of seats to fit the members\staff in) Place was packed. May have legitimately been people who grabbed a seat that was unclaimed earlier, and thought it was 'theirs' for the night, and not fair game for anyone else without a ticket to grab... resulting in those people asking for a ticket before moving..

That being said, the first rule of grabbing seats as a member\staff is that while grabbing seats is generally viewed as OK, you also give those back to someone if they have the tickets.

. I was surprised as it has never happened before but I guess I should get accustomed to it. It's a different world. Edited by Terri Schehr

I appreciate your thoughts and sorry for your experience. But the crown of a head is not going to interrupt your view by much at all and my opinion is that, if the seat was paid for, the owner can sit any darn way he wants to, so long as he's sitting. (Seat-hoppers have no rights at all, IMO)

Tall people sitting back still block the view from behind. Extra wide people block the view from the sides, tall and wide people block the view for someone everywhere. What's to be done?

I'll sit any dam way I please so long as my rear is in the seat, thank you. And get off my lawn.

:tounge2:

Wow! Lots of consideration for other fans. Hope I never have to sit behind you at a show. Your get off my lawn explains a lot.

. I was surprised as it has never happened before but I guess I should get accustomed to it. It's a different world.

. And I would like to add that I'm a 58 year woman with a 63 year old husband. We are not staff members or members. When I was marching, we sat on the sides or back side. I know that's not available but I saw plenty of seats on the sides. I paid $570 for two seats.

In all honesty when someone sits on the edge of the seat it completely blocks the person sitting behind them, probably 10 to 15 yards and anything below the front hash in that area.

What if the person behind sits closer to the edge of the seat too? Theoretically then it would make no difference.

if the seat was paid for, the owner can sit any darn way he wants to, so long as he's sitting. (Seat-hoppers have no rights at all, IMO)

Agree here, this is the first I've ever heard of this potentially blocking people behind you (and I'm not even that tall). I didn't even know people liked to sit all the way back in their seats during drum corps. Makes it feel like the corps is 1000 miles away.