Complaints

He didn't.

Mike

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 AM

I am wondering if the statue guy in Cadets show paid 3000+ in dues to do that all year......

Edited by Mello Dude, Yesterday, 08:05 AM.

If he had, they might have given him some clothes to wear.

Edited by xandandl

Seat hoppers!!! A few years ago I popped for the cost of Friends of DCI, a scholarship and a group of tickets in the friends section for all three days of finals. It was a pretty good size "investment" to get good seats. All three days we had seat hoppers next to us. One made a point of showing his companions where there seats really were ( down low in the 100s.). That was the last time I made that "investment". DCI lost $1000s from just me by not having someone checking tickets for seating. Did they lose money from others as well

You could have said the seats belonged to friends of yours and they were coming back or you could have gotten an usher to remove them. If it bugged you that much.

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 AM

I am wondering if the statue guy in Cadets show paid 3000+ in dues to do that all year......

Edited by Mello Dude, Yesterday, 08:05 AM.

If he had, they might have given him some clothes to wear.

I wonder if he had to be still on every run through? Do you have to rehearse being still?

Seat hoppers: I had 3 seats for prelims in a great section. Two of the seats were vacant for a while and 2 older guys asked if they could sit there. I said sure but only until the family came back. One had an age out in Madison and we had a great conversation. Intermission came and they asked if they could pick up snacks for me. I said I was good, but since we talked a bit about beer they brought one back for me.

Not all seat hoppers are bad.

• Like 2

Seat hoppers: I had 3 seats for prelims in a great section. Two of the seats were vacant for a while and 2 older guys asked if they could sit there. I said sure but only until the family came back. One had an age out in Madison and we had a great conversation. Intermission came and they asked if they could pick up snacks for me. I said I was good, but since we talked a bit about beer they brought one back for me.

Not all seat hoppers are bad.

. True. Just the ones who don't want to relinquish your seat. :-)
  • Like 1

I am utterly EXASPERATED when people can't use the word 'flummoxed' in a sentence correctly!

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no other place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it's audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

This is pretty much how I feel.

The "Activity" has turned into wretched excess "Silly Absurdity" for me and my fellow T-Rex's.

Very little that's even remotely watchable or entertaining from this side of the tracks.

It's not Drum and Bugle Corps. It's not Drum Corps. It's not Marching Band on Steroids.

It is some kind of gross artsy fartsy hybrid mix of BOA-WGI-Broadway Theater-Opera-Ballet-Symphony on a football field and I truly am offended at what this art form has been allowed to morph into.

BTW, 22,000 at Finals is a joke. We used to have Finals attendance of 35-40,000 and it wasn't polite "Golf Tournament" crowds. It "S.E.C. Football" like atmosphere. Everything has become too sanitized and it appears there is no chance of reviving the dead, even in the Zombie state!....................

• Like 1

This is pretty much how I feel.

The "Activity" has turned into wretched excess "Silly Absurdity" for me and my fellow T-Rex's.

Very little that's even remotely watchable or entertaining from this side of the tracks.

It's not Drum and Bugle Corps. It's not Drum Corps. It's not Marching Band on Steroids.

It is some kind of gross artsy fartsy hybrid mix of BOA-WGI-Broadway Theater-Opera-Ballet-Symphony on a football field and I truly am offended at what this art form has been allowed to morph into.

BTW, 22,000 at Finals is a joke. We used to have Finals attendance of 35-40,000 and it wasn't polite "Golf Tournament" crowds. It "S.E.C. Football" like atmosphere. Everything has become too sanitized and it appears there is no chance of reviving the dead, even in the Zombie state!....................

Have you been to finals recently?

You must have been going to a different LOS than I.