Complaints

This is pretty much how I feel.

The "Activity" has turned into wretched excess "Silly Absurdity" for me and my fellow T-Rex's.

Very little that's even remotely watchable or entertaining from this side of the tracks.

It's not Drum and Bugle Corps. It's not Drum Corps. It's not Marching Band on Steroids.

It is some kind of gross artsy fartsy hybrid mix of BOA-WGI-Broadway Theater-Opera-Ballet-Symphony on a football field and I truly am offended at what this art form has been allowed to morph into.

BTW, 22,000 at Finals is a joke. We used to have Finals attendance of 35-40,000 and it wasn't polite "Golf Tournament" crowds. It "S.E.C. Football" like atmosphere. Everything has become too sanitized and it appears there is no chance of reviving the dead, even in the Zombie state!....................

Very confusing post. Are you offended as a fan? According to your list of accomplishments at the end of your post, you didn't march in a corps. As a former corps member and staff member, I am glad the activity is moving forward.

Attendance this year broke regional records. Drum corps is doing just fine and has evolved. Things evolve.

• Like 1

Cavies kept adding superior layering and content that Cadets didn't. I think Cadets did as much w that show as they could and amazed at the hard work and how it paid off. I was impressed w both but can see why Cadets faded. Their best show was Sat.

The scoring is a bit off when you jump to Blue Stars from Crossmen. BIG difference.

Complaints: the recaps. That was a just plain stupid move

Drums Along The Rockies ran an hour behind

DCI should record a 30 second bio on each corps for the DCI Live stream. Have drum major or someone explain the show and thoughts.

Due to stupid copyright rules. Crown could have played Desparado instead of that other piece. Would have been beautiful.

DCI communication - even on bad news. At least keep us updated. For example like DCI Live started and no one gets and email or anything telling when shows start, you have to go looking.

As an old fan...the activity changes are fine. BlueCoats show was a follow up to Tilt but so fresh and so original. We need more of that. It connected w fans in a way I haven't seen in 20-30 years or ever. Bravo.

• Like 2

The "Activity" has turned into wretched excess "Silly Absurdity" for me and my fellow T-Rex's.

Very little that's even remotely watchable or entertaining from this side of the tracks.

It's not Drum and Bugle Corps. It's not Drum Corps. It's not Marching Band on Steroids.

It is some kind of gross artsy fartsy hybrid mix of BOA-WGI-Broadway Theater-Opera-Ballet-Symphony on a football field and I truly am offended at what this art form has been allowed to morph into.

BTW, 22,000 at Finals is a joke. We used to have Finals attendance of 35-40,000 and it wasn't polite "Golf Tournament" crowds. It "S.E.C. Football" like atmosphere. Everything has become too sanitized and it appears there is no chance of reviving the dead, even in the Zombie state!....................

Don't let the truth hit you in the ### on the way out

Here we go. Ugh. You've been following the activity a few more years than me, but I've been a fan for almost 30 years and I absolutely love the direction the activity is going!

Here we go. Ugh. You've been following the activity a few more years than me, but I've been a fan for almost 30 years and I absolutely love the direction the activity is going!

I have been in the activity since 1974, and love what's happening these days!

• Like 1

I don't like everything that has evolved in modern drum corps. But I'm glad that creative minds are looking forward. I'd get bored with too much of the same thing.

And here I thought the earth was flat...and that it lay at the exact center of the universe, with all other heavenly bodies revolving around it.

Silly me.....

• Like 1

I lived in north Georgia growing up and when Finals hit Atlanta in '84, I went with a bunch of band friends. I bought a tshirt from all 12 finalists, plus 2 or 3 others. They were all I wore for the entire HS marching band season!

Oh dear, I'm not sure I've grown out of that stage. At least I can pass down all of my old DCI souvenirs to my kids (you know I have brainwashed them to be obsessed with this activity)....they just follow it with "Dad, what's Northern Aurora HAHA"

Good riddance to that "SEC football" atmosphere. I now no longer have to hear crap like "judges are you watching" on finals recordings. Plus I like to actually hear the corps, not some dude screaming next to me. I was almost annoyed in Annapolis when people were cheering and clapping during SCV's pit feature. I just want to hear the music and all its nuances.

Seat hoppers: I had 3 seats for prelims in a great section. Two of the seats were vacant for a while and 2 older guys asked if they could sit there. I said sure but only until the family came back. One had an age out in Madison and we had a great conversation. Intermission came and they asked if they could pick up snacks for me. I said I was good, but since we talked a bit about beer they brought one back for me.

Not all seat hoppers are bad.

I oftentimes seat hopped in the blast zone - esp. during prelims. Would sit there for a corps or two then move. I saw a lot of this happening and never thought of it as being a problem. Whoever owns the seats always has priority.

Edited by luv4corps