Complaints

I like pumpkin beer.... and lots of other craft beer. Hahaha!

Me, too... even though it apparently is now fashionable to trash that style of beer. And I've been a "beer snob" for a long time. No BMC for me, ever again.

Nothing wrong with pumpkin beer, per se... other than it has become so widespread that it's almost become the Budweiser of craft beers. LOL

I wonder if some of the "beer connoisseurs" now criticizing pumpkin beer are folks who secretly wash down their Little Debbie snack cakes with wine coolers. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Me, too... even though it apparently is now fashionable to trash that style of beer. And I've been a "beer snob" for a long time. No BMC for me, ever again.

Nothing wrong with pumpkin beer, per se... other than it has become so widespread that it's almost become the Budweiser of craft beers. LOL

I wonder if some of the "beer connoisseurs" now criticizing pumpkin beer are folks who secretly wash down their Little Debbie snack cakes with wine coolers. :tongue:

I have no problem with Pumpkin Beer although I don't particularly like it. My complaint is that why do so many other things have to be Pumpkin flavored once he fall hits? It is crazy how many things are getting "pumpkinized", bread, beer, muffins, donuts and every other possible baked goods, coffee, soda, and on and on.

Seat hoppers aren't much of a problem for me. If there are empty seats for a corps, and if some corps members who worked hard all summer can grab a seat and watch a show, great.

BUT: For The Academy's show at finals this year, a mother of one of the members hopped/grabbed a seat in front of me and held her phone high for video. It was a big phone, and she used both hands to capture the show. It was annoying at first, and as it continued once the show started, of course it was rude. Some fans behind me asked her to put the phone down. She didn't. Then the fans got snarky. The Academy is performing this wonderful show, and yet I am very distracted looking through and around her arms. A fan or two got angry with their comments, but the mother kept on blocking our view. At one point, she turned and said she had a son marching and she wasn't going to miss getting this on video. She seemed indignant that the small group of fans behind her wouldn't let her block their view without complaint.

Once The Academy wrapped, a fan down the row from me who did not have his view blocked by the camera-mother scolded the fans behind me for talking during a show.

This was a nasty moment in an otherwise nice three days of finals shows in my section of seats.

This seems to be the way the world is getting. People think only of themselves. There is a growing lack of courtesy and manners. It is what I call the "rules don't apply to me" mentality. How many times do you see someone in a grocery express checkout line with more items than the maximum for the line. When you point this out to the expresshole, as you stand waiting with your one item, they give you a dirty look like you're the jerk. Line cutters fall into this category as well. Sorry for your bad experience. Edited by LabMaster

That last part was absoulty brilliant! Not much of a wine man though... always wanted to get into them, but I just prefer my beer.

Seat hoppers aren't much of a problem for me. If there are empty seats for a corps, and if some corps members who worked hard all summer can grab a seat and watch a show, great.

BUT: For The Academy's show at finals this year, a mother of one of the members hopped/grabbed a seat in front of me and held her phone high for video. It was a big phone, and she used both hands to capture the show. It was annoying at first, and as it continued once the show started, of course it was rude. Some fans behind me asked her to put the phone down. She didn't. Then the fans got snarky. The Academy is performing this wonderful show, and yet I am very distracted looking through and around her arms. A fan or two got angry with their comments, but the mother kept on blocking our view. At one point, she turned and said she had a son marching and she wasn't going to miss getting this on video. She seemed indignant that the small group of fans behind her wouldn't let her block their view without complaint.

Once The Academy wrapped, a fan down the row from me who did not have his view blocked by the camera-mother scolded the fans behind me for talking during a show.

This was a nasty moment in an otherwise nice three days of finals shows in my section of seats.

I don't mind the seat hoppers. I do mind the people who record everything. 1. its illegal. (and I had to remind a kid who snuck in his audio recorder of that) 2. it bothers the paying customers around them.

maybe that's the one time its ok to talk during a show, when the person is recording the performance. bwahahahahahahahahaahah

BUT: For The Academy's show at finals this year, a mother of one of the members hopped/grabbed a seat in front of me and held her phone high for video. It was a big phone, and she used both hands to capture the show. It was annoying at first, and as it continued once the show started, of course it was rude. Some fans behind me asked her to put the phone down. She didn't. Then the fans got snarky.

In the future for anyone in this situation, I'd suggest the following. Remind the person that the DVD's are usually for sale by December and that there will be full shows on the internet, at least for awhile. If that doesn't shut them down and depending how close you are sitting to them, I'd start talking about anything but drum corps. Talk loud enough that it will be copied and make her video useless. If others get on your case, tell them to switch seats with you.

Switch seats, then stand up loudly and enthusiastically cheering for every single hit.

• Like 1

Talk loud enough that it will be copied and make her video useless. If others get on your case, tell them to switch seats with you.

bwahahaahahhhaahahaha. read recipes or tweets out loud during their recording.

I have no problem with Pumpkin Beer although I don't particularly like it. My complaint is that why do so many other things have to be Pumpkin flavored once he fall hits? It is crazy how many things are getting "pumpkinized", bread, beer, muffins, donuts and every other possible baked goods, coffee, soda, and on and on.

Great point.

Also interesting how various snack cakes, cookies, etc. add orange-colored icing and/or black sprinkles and call themselves "Special Halloween Edition." Then come December, throw some red or green sprinkles on cupcakes, and you suddenly have the "Special Holiday Edition." :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring