Complaints

Stranger Things is only eight episodes.

• Like 6

The humidity this week....

My metabolism.

(Or lack thereof.)

• Like 1

Stranger Things is only eight episodes.

Oh my God I just finished that. I don't wanna wait...............

And back to the OP, eh. All depends on the field I guess. I've completely stopped caring about the actual numbers as being a measuring stick that we can use year to year. You already alluded to that so I won't go any farther.

Im generally in agreement with you about The Cadets(and basically all scores from 4-12) being too low when compared to other years. That being said, although scores DO matter, it is pretty much pointless to imply that The Cadets show is "only marginally better than the Blue Stars in 2010" because you simply cannot compare two shows, judged by different judges 6 years apart from each other. What is interesting, in my opinion, is the increase in the gap between the Cavies and The Cadets over the course of championships.

The Cadets were .262 ahead of the Cavies in prelims and by finals they ended up 1.262 behind the Cavies(1.524 total movement by Cavies). I'm not saying that the Cavies didn't deserve 5th place, but I do not think that the margin should have spread that much in just 3 days.

The exact same thing happened a week earlier in the days between Allentown and Massillon, but in Cadets favor over Cavies. I don't remember a huge fuss being made then.

Trader Joe's Sriracha potato chips are so delicious, especially when dunked in sour cream and chive dip.

• Like 2

Im generally in agreement with you about The Cadets(and basically all scores from 4-12) being too low when compared to other years. That being said, although scores DO matter, it is pretty much pointless to imply that The Cadets show is "only marginally better than the Blue Stars in 2010" because you simply cannot compare two shows, judged by different judges 6 years apart from each other. What is interesting, in my opinion, is the increase in the gap between the Cavies and The Cadets over the course of championships.

The Cadets were .262 ahead of the Cavies in prelims and by finals they ended up 1.262 behind the Cavies(1.524 total movement by Cavies). I'm not saying that the Cavies didn't deserve 5th place, but I do not think that the margin should have spread that much in just 3 days.

We dont know that it really 'expanded' per se. Being different judges and all. For all we know the scores wouldve been exactly the same thursday as saturday had the finals night judges been judging thursday night.

Did The Cadets really put out a performance on Saturday that was only marginally better than Blue Stars in 2010? Of course not.

Were they though? That Houdini show was bad ###. And as you noted, it was mere tenths from being 7th place. Is it that surprising that a show that easily couldve been 7th would score only marginally below a 6th place show?

• Like 1

The exact same thing happened a week earlier in the days between Allentown and Massillon, but in Cadets favor over Cavies. I don't remember a huge fuss being made then.

Trader Joe's Sriracha potato chips are so delicious, especially when dunked in sour cream and chive dip.

That's a somewhat fair argument, but I wouldn't consider it to be exactly the same situation because you're comparing a regional to 2 TOC's, which, generally speaking, have yielded favorable results to The Cadets this season. (And TOC results tend to be weird.)

Considering that the spread between Cadets and Cavies is nearly the same when comparing Allentown to DCI prelims, I think it's fair to regard the TOC's(Buffalo and Massillon) as anomalies in an overall view of the season.

We dont know that it really 'expanded' per se. Being different judges and all. For all we know the scores wouldve been exactly the same thursday as saturday had the finals night judges been judging thursday night.

That's true. I sometimes forget how subjective DCI judging is, so it's very possible that judges on Saturday just enjoyed the Cavies more than the judges on Thursday(or vice versa)

P.s. I'm not complaining about this, subjectivity in judging is unavoidable in an activity like this.