Complaints

This humidity is making my waffles get all floppy.

But seriously, I understand the gesture of the thread. I just think sometimes we are so quick to be couch potato directors, and few of us have real skin in the current game.

Numbers are not useful year to year, especially when there are changes to the sheets. Judges come and go, we have the secret recap thing - and who knows if it really did any good. I don't care, honestly. But I get the stats people, too. My spouse is all about Fantasy Football right now, so he's studying stats and stuff. I just don't care enough about that any more in drum corps.

I have no major complaints, other than I can't afford to travel to as many shows as I want to every year.

I hate the fact that we now have to talk about scores down to the thousandth, or even ten-thousadth of a point. Too much math.

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no other place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it's audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

• Like 3

Working from home today, but forgot my laptop power cord at work. Ugh.

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no other place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it's audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

Probably the most insightful thing ever uttered here on DCP.

• Like 1