2017 Programs & Playlist:

E. Wait. You're telling me Bernstein didn't write the Lion King?

9 hours ago, chris7997 said:

How do people feel about Cadets' show not being The Lion King?

A. I knew all along it wasn't (just the rumor of a couple of posts). 

B. Prefer Bernstein's Mass!  Lion King would have been too cheesy/not serious.

C. Lion King would have been amazing; but so will Bernstein's Mass.

D. I'm a little disappointed. 

A.

On the grounds that I pointed out that Cadets were said to be dealing with an "estate", and everyone involved with The Lion King is still living.

And in the same post, without having any idea what Cadets were working on, I wrote, "Isn't there some prominent dead American composer like Leonard Bernstein whose estate announced several years ago that they were severely reducing licensing opportunities?"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A.

On the grounds that I pointed out that Cadets were said to be dealing with an "estate", and everyone involved with The Lion King is still living.

And in the same post, without having any idea what Cadets were working on, I wrote, "Isn't there some prominent dead American composer like Leonard Bernstein whose estate announced several years ago that they were severely reducing licensing opportunities?"

Which was why I liked that very same post. 

I guess I cheated. I "Follow" this thread and my preferences are set to get email copies of new posts in this thread. So while the info was later redacted, it was too late.

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I pointed out that Cadets were said to be dealing with an "estate", and everyone involved with The Lion King is still living.

Except Walt Disney, of course

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Except Walt Disney, of course

Walt Disney was no alive when the Lion King was created, so the statement about everyone associated with the creation of the Lion King being alive is true.

12 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Walt Disney was no alive when the Lion King was created, so the statement about everyone associated with the creation of the Lion King being alive is true.

(a) it was a joke, but (b) sometimes the long arms of an estate can continue to grasp the rights of things that are created long after death given the right legal connections (though I don't actually believe Walt's particular estate was set up that way, and the rights of everything "Disney" were instead held by corporate entities).

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eleran said:

(a) it was a joke, but (b) sometimes the long arms of an estate can continue to grasp the rights of things that are created long after death given the right legal connections (though I don't actually believe Walt's particular estate was set up that way, and the rights of everything "Disney" were instead held by corporate entities).

Walt's estate retains control over zero properties relating to the Disney name. This has been the case since we created WED Enterprises in 1951 when planning Disneyland to avoid a conflict of interest. Some of his family members are shareholders in the corporation, but that is the extent of their control of any properties, physical or intellectual.

So on May 2, we still have zero information about 14 World Class corps.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A.

I LOVE THE LION KING.

I love the Movie and the Broadway Play .. 

NOT THE CADETS trying to play it and having Simba run around the field. 

No ........ glad they did not. Remember all those bad character shows CADETS did  ??? 

2016 -Awakening . The stone man and the dude in the tights. 

2010 -Toy Soldier. Was was that bad. 

2008 -Pursuit of happiness. Was this the bad radio show ? 

2006 THE ZONE pt 2 . That big Rabbititt and the twirler????? wow . 

ALL BAD attempts at Character shows.