Ramps, Safety, OSHA

How do you know he is YOUTH, whatever thats supposed to mean. BUT to his point and Mike D also has expressed often. Corps today are much more conscious of their members in almost every way compared to the past. In fairness to the past. we also have much more knowledge, restrictions, etc etc. then we may have back then.

hey don't be dismissing my youth !! I'll take that comment every day and twice on Sundays :-)

• Like 2

i think most corps are extremely conscious of their members' health and well-being. watch how disciplined the Bluecoats members were about how to climb, where to stand, and how to slide. ditto with how crown members handled themselves around the stagecoach. imho most of the concerns in this thread smack of helicoptering.

I did notice all the members I saw sliding front ways down the ramp used a baseball type slide -- the trailing leg tucked behind the leading leg. I assume that's safer than sliding down as you did as a kid on a playground slide.

I did notice all the members I saw sliding front ways down the ramp used a baseball type slide -- the trailing leg tucked behind the leading leg. I assume that's safer than sliding down as you did as a kid on a playground slide.

what "slide?"

I belly-flopped hands first like many here on DCP.I am sure.

I thought you were going to criticize Bloo for not wearing their bicycle helmets given the NHL, NFL, MLB's concern with concussions and head injuries.

• Like 1

Let's up the stakes a little bit.

Are judges allowed on the ramps to evaluate? WHAT IF JUDGES ARE ON THE RAMPS AND SOMEBODY GETS HURT!!! :wow::wow::wow:

Let's up the stakes a little bit.

Are judges allowed on the ramps to evaluate? WHAT IF JUDGES ARE ON THE RAMPS AND SOMEBODY GETS HURT!!! :wow::wow::wow:

Did you see the judge run through the two fighting/tumbling/hurtling Crown members? The folks in my section of the audience gasped.

If Michael Cesario, Rich Kemp, Michael Grey, Debbie Torchia or any other current DCI judge can make it up the slides, I say more power to them.

However, they have to live with the consequences of descending bass drums and drummers targeting them on the descent.

It might make for more GE and definite crowd appeal.

[in the spirit of full disclosure, I have enough trouble bending over to tie my own shoe laces. I have not yet resorted to velcro, but sometimes I do get hurt.]

Edited by xandandl

I thought that was for a good visual score, uniformity of technique

These ‘kids’ are just tools, paying money to be in shows for our enjoyment , the modern bread circus – don’t take that from me

Did you see the judge run through the two fighting/tumbling/hurtling Crown members? The folks in my section of the audience gasped.

If Michael Cesario, Rich Kemp, Michael Grey, Debbie Torchia or any other current DCI judge can make it up the slides, I say more power to them.

However, they have to live with the consequences of descending bass drums and drummers targeting them on the descent.

It might make for more GE and definite crowd appeal.

I could never imagine that greatest-timpanist-who-was-famous-for-being-a-brass judge Dr Baggs ever climbing up those things. :tounge2:

I could never imagine that greatest-timpanist-who-was-famous-for-being-a-brass judge Dr Baggs ever climbing up those things. :tounge2:

God bless Bernie (RIP) one of the greatest judges and educators DCI has ever known.

• Like 1