Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Thanks to the Bluecoats I now have 5 or 6 songs by Thank You Scientist in a regular rotation on my playlist. They do some really creative stuff!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, DrumCorpsForever said:

Does anyone think that this show is as ground breaking as Down Side Up?

Tenors playing their solo spaced 30 yards apart? Haven't seen that.

Company front? Nope, they're on the goalline, playing backfield.

Even at this point, Bloo is still breaking new ground. But, are we judging Bloo on how "groundbreaking" they can be? It's like holding SpaceX accountable for not breaking ground each year. I mean, they're landing rockets on floating platforms in the middle of the ocean. They can keep doing that for another 10 years and I won't mind.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Down Side Up wasn't groundbreaking. It was just an amalgamation of all the innovations done by Bloo and other corps before them.  

ground·break·ing
adjective
adjective: groundbreaking; adjective: ground-breaking
  1. breaking new ground; innovative; pioneering, an amalgamation of all innovations done before.
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So why are the tarps in the corners not jagged? or What is their purpose?

They might be there to keep the ground from breaking.

• Like 9

IMO Bloo 16 was groundbreaking. They had a very odd opener that hasn't really been done before. I mean the first notes played on the field was the percussion section clapping. The first hornline notes didn't come in until almost 2:30 into the show. Definitely groundbreaking but this years show isn't necessarily groundbreaking it's a regular drum corps show

posted from the DrumScorps app

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Perhaps the energy level and its maintenance was not as much groundbreaking but refreshing. Certainly it evoked audience engagement that never seemed to diminish.

This year's version is not as unusual.

Yet.

Got a feeling we are going to see a uniform change in the final movement when the corps marches in one side of the stage and out the other. That would bring the house down.

Edited by MikeRapp

Bluecoats have pulled off another amazing crowd-pleasing show. Strong in all captions. Can't wait to see it come August!

• Like 6

Might just be me but the trumpets duet for the guitar solo at the end isn't doing anything for me yet. Hopefully when more clean, it will be a bigger moment like last year's screamers. Last year I got goosebumps every time I heard those high notes and runs. This year, not quite yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Yet.

Got a feeling we are going to see a uniform change in the final movement when the corps marches in one side of the stage and out the other. That would bring the house down.

Would love to see this. Some flash of color, gotta be blue right?

Fosse! Fosse! Fosse!

• Like 2