Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Bloo does their version of drum corps. Opinions of those who adjudicate seems to be much different from those who are fans. I was in San Antonio and the audience was pretty clear about who they liked and as a former marching member I'll take that any night over someone's opinionated evaluation. 

Yeah...

Now comes the wave of critique that we are to believe was buried deep in the broom closet...

Voices giving proverbial "I told you so's"... Even though they failed to tell anyone anything up to this point to begin with.

There ain't a thing "wrong" with this show.  It's a killer that probably hovers hundreds of feet over previous programs that have placed higher.

It just isn't a one horse race... Plain and simple.

• Like 7

Nice job percussion!!!!!!! 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, THeShadeOfNight said:

I would urge everyone to go look on YouTube a transcription of their show this year. Find me someone who thinks this book is a 4th place book and I will find you someone who does not understand brass playing

BD, SCV and Crown all have far more demanding books.  Ive seen transcriptions of all (except SCV).  Bloo's is by far the easiest of them all.  Trust me, I understand brass playing.  That being said, last year, it wouldnt have been a fourth place book.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

BD, SCV and Crown all have far more demanding books.  Ive seen transcriptions of all (except SCV).  Bloo's is by far the easiest of them all.  Trust me, I understand brass playing.  That being said, last year, it wouldnt have been a fourth place book.

Last year's only seemed hard to the trumpet section to me. This year's has more interest to me personally though. But I'd agree that the current top 3 have the more demand. BD and Crown on top for that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

BD, SCV and Crown all have far more demanding books.  Ive seen transcriptions of all (except SCV).  Bloo's is by far the easiest of them all.  Trust me, I understand brass playing. 

I respectfully and emphatically disagree. And I also understand brass playing. So let's agree to disagree.  

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, THeShadeOfNight said:

I would urge everyone to go look on YouTube a transcription of their show this year. Find me someone who thinks this book is a 4th place book and I will find you someone who does not understand brass playing

I marched Bluecoats. And I have no problem in saying there is no way I could march this show. They wouldn't give me a contract after the first weekend like I got in '05

• Like 4