Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

16 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Incredible run tonight by Bloo. Judges making a statement this year, but who cares. Crowd favorite!

Can you explain this comment?  I happen to agree, but I am such a novice, I would like to hear the opinion of someone with more experience.

I really do not usually watch competitions that have subjective scoring, (i.e. gymnastics, ice skating, diving, singing, dancing, etc.)  It is normally too frustrating of an experience. :grrr:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I expect Bluecoats to overtake Crown, and SCV to beat BD. Would not be surprised to see the closest margin ever for the gold.

That would be tough given PR's win over BD in 2008. What was the margin, like .125?

just looked it up. .025...even closer than I remember!

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Asguard said:

Can you explain this comment?  I happen to agree, but I am such a novice, I would like to hear the opinion of someone with more experience.

I really do not usually watch competitions that have subjective scoring, (i.e. gymnastics, ice skating, diving, singing, dancing, etc.)  It is normally too frustrating of an experience. :grrr:

I used to feel like that when I was younger, but I have begun to appreciate the performances much more than their placements as I have aged. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I expect Bluecoats to overtake Crown, and SCV to beat BD. Would not be surprised to see the closest margin ever for the gold.

The closest margin for gold is 0 point ;)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Bloo has a history of taking out the corps in third going into Indy. Like a dog on the mailmans butt. 

Yep. They took out Cadets in 2014 and knocked them into 3rd with Bloo taking 2nd. They knocked the Cadets into 4th place in 2015, with Bloo taking 3rd. Still think they will medal this year. What a fantastic run tonight! They lit the place up!!

• Like 7

20451608_10159124040855710_5060124578623

PC: Paige Meisenheimer 

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Yep. They took out Cadets in 2014 and knocked them into 3rd with Bloo taking 2nd. They knocked the Cadets into 4th place in 2015, with Bloo taking 3rd. Still think they will medal this year. What a fantastic run tonight! They lit the place up!!

Yes, but the 2017 Blue Devils and 2017 Santa Clara Vanguard are on a whole different level than the 2014 and 2015 Cadets were. It is going to be almost impossible for Bloo to finish higher than 3rd at this point.

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Bloo can definitely still medal but I think that says more about Cadets than Bluecoats haha.

• Like 3