Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

This has probably already been discussed, but I like how the trumpet soloist at the beginning, just as the sampled recording has the lyrics, "I'll be back again", pauses and looks over his shoulder.

Also, when did they add the sparkly lining inside the hats? And did I see correctly that that lining is red at the beginning of the show but green at the end?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

This has probably already been discussed, but I like how the trumpet soloist at the beginning, just as the sampled recording has the lyrics, "I'll be back again", pauses and looks over his shoulder.

Also, when did they add the sparkly lining inside the hats? And did I see correctly that that lining is red at the beginning of the show but green at the end?

I saw it when I was in Denver so it has been at least a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I noticed it a couple weeks ago, but no one had mentioned it. What I noticed is that whatever color the flags and rifles are at a given part of the show, the hat liner matches. It's a pretty cool, subtle effect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree with this. It is clear that they are the dirtiest of the top 4 groups. Even from the Flo cast of Atlanta and Winston-Salem it was easy to see the legs and forms not always aligning. Part of this is the sheer speed of Bloo's music and drill.  Despite the fact that they have a large prop (stage) on the field, they are moving a ton in this show. We're talking serious speed and demand. Sadly, unless that cleans they will get no higher than 3rd or stay in 4th.  Now I personally feel they should be above Crown already. They may not be as clean, but I think the combination of Bloo's music and visual content is a step up from Crown.  

Things are going to be exciting, for sure. 

Agreed. I'm very surprised Crown has stayed as high as they are with that show. High performance levels but that show especially part two is a dog. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm terribly confused by the second half.  They're really marching well, though. 

That's my point. If other corps had a program so unclear, they'd get destroyed in GE. Judging is horribly inconsistent. I'm a Cadet homer but very agitated that Bloo is getting the shaft as I think they are. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 8