Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

On 8/2/2017 at 6:32 PM, tedrick said:

Are the judges going to start buying what Blooo is selling?

Looks like the answer is unfortunately no.  I am resigning myself to just enjoying the heck out of this show, because it was very clean tonight and they still aren't getting any love from the judges.  I get it.  It's different, and sometimes different doesn't fit.

All I know is that I am always on the edge of my seat watching this show, and even if I'm tired at the beginning, there is no way you can't be all worked up by the end, walking away humming the music.  And the crowd response is always incredibly enthusiastic.  So be it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Asguard said:

Looks like the answer is unfortunately no.  I am resigning myself to just enjoying the heck out of this show, because it was very clean tonight and they still aren't getting any love from the judges.  I get it.  It's different, and sometimes different doesn't fit.

All I know is that I am always on the edge of my seat watching this show, and even if I'm tired at the beginning, there is no way you can't be all worked up by the end, walking away humming the music.  And the crowd response is always incredibly enthusiastic.  So be it.

This is true. By the time they came on Sunday night I was exhausted, but their show gave me the energy to stay awake through the end of the show

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Asguard said:

Hey ... they went up .575 in one day ... that looks pretty positive to me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My opinion on daily/weekly increases in scores is that they are on a trend line and the only importance is the deviation from the trend line.  Everyone is going to increase each show, unless they really mess up, and the only difference is how much their score deviates from the trend line they are on.  My guess would be that if you plotted Bluecoats scores they would be right about where they were yesterday relative to their trend.  Just a guess, because I am too lazy to plot everyone's scores, but they have to get the scores to the high 90's by Finals.

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Positive, yes, but this is after last night's amp disaster.

At this point, I'm afraid it will come down to the energy of Bluecoats vs the "cleanliness" of Crown. Judges will have to determine whether GE is more valuable that technical prowess and exhibitition. Ironically, if BD and or SCV can top Crown brass, it would likely be enough for BC to pass Crown for the bronze.

11 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Positive, yes, but this is after last night's amp disaster.

At this point, I'm afraid it will come down to the energy of Bluecoats vs the "cleanliness" of Crown. Judges will have to determine whether GE is more valuable that technical prowess and exhibitition. Ironically, if BD and or SCV can top Crown brass, it would likely be enough for BC to pass Crown for the bronze.

I look at it this way. Does it really matter? This is the most entertaining show of the year for me. They are a crowd  favorite if not THE crowd favorite. That is what matters to me. I honestly don't care about the numbers. This is the show I will watch over and over years to come. If they medal, great. If they don't ... I won't give a rip. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OK, I look at it this way. Does it really matter? This is the most entertaining show of the year for me. They are a crowd  favorite if not THE crowd favorite. That is what matters to me. Screw the numbers. This is the show I will watch over and over years to come. If they medal, great. If they don't ... I won't give a rip. 

I think that it's less about finding satisfaction solely from numbers and placement but rather about being recognized for the excellence that is being produced on the field. When fans look at the product and demands being put out there by one corps, and then see that that corps is not being rewarded like another corps is for perceived similar or lesser demands, or for similar or lesser design, a certain righteous indignation emerges. Of course, having the strongest fan reaction is great, and having a memorable show is nice, but in a competitive activity people are wont to desire acknowledgement, both compared to others and for their own sake. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pudding said:

I think that it's less about finding satisfaction solely from numbers and placement but rather about being recognized for the excellence that is being produced on the field. When fans look at the product and demands being put out there by one corps, and then see that that corps is not being rewarded like another corps is for perceived similar or lesser demands, or for similar or lesser design, a certain righteous indignation emerges. Of course, having the strongest fan reaction is great, and having a memorable show is nice, but in a competitive activity people are wont to desire acknowledgement, both compared to others and for their own sake. 

I hear what you are saying but I would rather be the fan favorite than an medalist any day. And medalist is not out of the question. Six words. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

ZSKFAn4.jpg

• Like 7