Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Keep your foot on your the gas Bloo! One more day! You have a great show this year; one that really gets the heart pumping! I am so lucky to have seen this show develop from the early days of ST until now and I couldn't be prouder of this corps! Have the time of your lives tonight! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I would love to get a final tabulation on merch sales throughout dci. Willing to bet Bluecoats gets the gold.

Perhaps for the season, but SCV was packed yesterday all day from beginning to the end. BD was doing well too. We went past Coats during the long break and they were standing around and asked if anyone needed help.  DCI was a mad house and I couldn't get out of their shopping area quick enough so they were the winners yesterday from what I saw. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I like the show too, but I wouldn't call it "groundbreaking."  Curious to know what it is about Jagged Line that you see as groundbreaking?  

One big one: the amount of characterization the entire corps is counted on to display at every moment of the show.  Never been done.  

Seeing it up close, there are some ridiculous environmental demands that most will never understand.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread since when it had maybe about 35 pages, I think this is the first thing I've posted on here. I just wanted to say I hope bloo kills it tonight and they've been an inspiration to me as a young band student who hopes to one day march for a corps and to teach music to other young students one day. Even though they haven't been scoring quite up there with Carolina Crown, I still believe (or at least I have some hope) that they can medal tonight. I wish them the best of luck and go bloooooooooooo! 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2017 at 6:58 AM, Jim Schehr said:

Frankly Bloo has as much GE if not more than any other corps. Regardless of opinions you don't get those ovations because you look or sound like a_s. Bloo's show is so entertaining and that's refreshing in this cookie cutter style of drum corps I watched for 14 hours yesterday. (flugelhorn, French horn, trombone, singer, running and bobbing up and down pit performance) age of drum corps we see. 

No, they don't. Look, SCV and Bluecoats have my favorite two shows this year - by 10,000 miles over everyone else. But, GE is not and should not be based on fan appeal. What I like is different than what you like. Just because 99% of people may prefer one corps over another does not mean that corps has more GE. I love Bluecoats show, but they are dirty, dirty, dirty and that's why they are in 4th right now. No conspiracy. No judges not getting it. Dirty. That's it. 

I'm still debating on watching all of finals, or just Bloo and SCV.

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

No, they don't. Look, SCV and Bluecoats have my favorite two shows this year - by 10,000 miles over everyone else. But, GE is not and should not be based on fan appeal. What I like is different than what you like. Just because 99% of people may prefer one corps over another does not mean that corps has more GE. I love Bluecoats show, but they are dirty, dirty, dirty and that's why they are in 4th right now. No conspiracy. No judges not getting it. Dirty. That's it. 

I'm still debating on watching all of finals, or just Bloo and SCV.

This Bluecoats show just never became a solid three act show. Ballad never clicked as well as many other top scoring corps, and even with changes it fell a little flat.

And the ending was a recasting of the open, which was cool but didn't seem to help them at all in scoring.

This was a daring show concept that has been a blast to watch, and it will go down as one of my all time favorites. But strictly from a dci scoring standpoint, it could have been better conceived.

• Like 2