Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I don't think Bluecoats need to make too many changes. They just need to begin cleaning the visual and fine-tuning the musical phrasing. I still think they have the show to repeat or at least medal. 

Clean the visual elements of the show. Body position and movement, shaping the  Fosse look from one to another, body angles, foot, leg, arm, hand and finger placements. Refining the entire look. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

At this point in 2014, Bloo finished 5th at the TOC in  MO.   Granted this is a different show and different year,  but we are just shy of a month in to competition.

Yes, a month is a long time and a lot can happen. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I do to, truth be told. I just don't like building your favorites up by tearing your competition down. 

Amen!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

Amen!

Wrong show.

• Like 5

So... Who has a winning show this year?

Well... It looks like everyone does! :sigh:

A few observations about the trends... and the past.

That observation about the underdog climb in 2014 is important, but that was a different circumstance in a lot of ways.  The Bluecoats were a favorite to win on night one, and that is not the case any longer from this past week and a half.  They are now contending along with 2 others with 1 more as the favorite to win.  That being said, they are contending (after some major work) from the bottom... which isn't a pleasant reality.

As for what to do... Well, yeah, they need to clean.  But even if they clean their way into the top caption spots, without a GE win, they will likely come up short... Unless they are 2 across the board with the others splitting 1, 3 and 4.

They need a GE boost... Maybe a "WOW" moment near the close... But they will need to contend higher in GE in order to get in there.

It just reminds me of the past in so many ways.  Not all 8th place Bluecoats were equal... The same will be true with 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place Bluecoats.

The truth is that they are awesome at any and all places.

6 words.

• Like 8

I don’t have them winning. BD moves too well and I don’t think Bloo can catch up and their show is so dependent upon movement. Jim (husband to Terri ) was right in that needs some work. This show will have to win on GE and by winning other captions. So my sure fire GE suggestion for finals…blow up the stage or fake it somehow… if nothing else, blast a ton of white light out of the stage while the drum line plays underneath during the ballad (then bring it back with a break apart for the end)

Sure it’s a gimmick and I’ll call them out on this cheap trick but DCI is a Cheap Trick, surrender

• Like 2

Clean the choreography in all sections. Better coherence and intelligibility will boost visual, GE and guard scores. All music captions are strong and will continue to improve especially music analysis. If something is going to be added, I'm sure it will be another Over-Nite Sensation.

• Like 2

Imo, all groups in the top 5 (having Boston ahead of Cavaliers in my top 5) have winning shows. It's really gonna come down to night by night performance, who peaks at the right time, and who's keeping the audience's attention the most on each and every night. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see any placement in that top 5, they're all so dang good and so well designed.

• Like 1