Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Ahhh, I see it now. But this phenomenon of horns not playing for three minutes or more of a show is not too uncommon. But when you add a full blown drum feature, it highlights the issue.  I'll take the drum feature ... it is both a throwback and forward looking at the same time ... and really cool.

Agreed. I'll enjoy every note an outstanding hornline plays, but will happily yield to a great percussion feature.  

Edited by mrk
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

They had me droolling Tuesday night.  

Bluecoats percussion is most definitely Sanford worthy. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Bluecoats percussion is most definitely Stanford worthy. 

They were only .1 down to SCV at Broken Arrow, so it is very possible. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Or even Sanford worthy.  :spitting:

I thought Jim meant they were really smart.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrk said:

I think the post you are referring to had stated that there are more than 3 minutes when the horn line is NOT playing (not that they only played for three minutes).  For me, even if they played every second of the allotted time, I'd still want more!

Thank you for clarifying my point and apologies to all that I confused, as I only intended to point out that there are approximately three minutes of the total show where the hornline doesn't play.  Upon further review, I went back and carefully timed the sections of the show where the horn line doesn't play and it is only approximately 2 minutes and 36 seconds. In the video posted by the DCI center, the most  visible example of the hornline not playing can be seen from minute 7:25 - 9:03 (98 seconds during the drum break).  I honestly don't think this matters too much, as it is about quality not quantity and it was just my observation.

On a side note, I am by no means a young buck, as I have been a huge DCI fan since the mid 90's and have several friends that either marched and or are band directors/educators.  

-Carry on!

Edited by B-Flat
mistake
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mrk said:

I think the post you are referring to had stated that there are more than 3 minutes when the horn line is NOT playing (not that they only played for three minutes).  For me, even if they played every second of the allotted time, I'd still want more!

Oh wow that sentence could be read in two different ways. Fantastic lol, sorry OP.

• Like 2