Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Crowd favorite again tonight! Houston loves Bloo!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

The judges didnt. :-(

That won't change how awesome this show is! There is another thread where the original poster is asking whether in the long term it's better to be the gold winner or the crowd favorite. There's a nice debate going, but from a long-term enjoyment factor, I'll take the crowd favorite every time. If they are the crowd favorite AND the champs at the end, well that's just the frosting on the cake!

• Like 4

Yeah crowd favorite is a no brainer. Believe me, that's all most of the kids care about. I think it's a very close call between Bloo and Crown this year. Shocking, right?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

That won't change how awesome this show is! There is another thread where the original poster is asking whether in the long term it's better to be the gold winner or the crowd favorite. There's a nice debate going, but from a long-term enjoyment factor, I'll take the crowd favorite every time. If they are the crowd favorite AND the champs at the end, well that's just the frosting on the cake!

I agree.  I loved Academy's show better than many of the higher placing finalists last year.

56 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Yeah crowd favorite is a no brainer. Believe me, that's all most of the kids care about. I think it's a very close call between Bloo and Crown this year. Shocking, right?

Sadly this is one of my least favorite Crown shows in a very long time.  Their brass is a different story- never get tired of listening to them

• Like 3

On 7/20/2017 at 9:39 PM, pudding said:

There's more to demand than chords and a few double-tonguing section. Bloo's environmental demands, metric demands, and hocket rhythms are all vastly superior to anything SCV is doing in those same categories. I'll agree that SCV is stronger in their chords and double-tonguing, but focusing on those is incredibly myopic from a holistic musical perspective.

Sorry, just because you keep saying this doesn't make it so. There's a whole hell of a lot more to SCV's brass book than chords and a few doubIe-tonguing sections. I would tend to believe qualified judges, who all are scoring SCV over Bloo in content in nearly every single caption. There's also more to content than demand - they aren't one and the same. SCV has, IMO, the best designed, most content filled, and most demanding show of the season. There is so much going on that you see new things every time you see the show.

I hope SCV and Bloo end up #1 and #2 by the seasons end. They are my two favorite shows. Both are just so fun to watch.

Indoor facilities tend to be kind to Bluecoats, but if Bloo is going to medal this season they are going to have to prove something today. No doubt they continue to get better but they are also steadily falling farther behind BD, SCV and Crown. I frankly have no idea anymore what they have to do to be scored higher. But, the judges clearly do, and hopefully they are communicating that to the Bluecoats leadership.

• Like 1

Can anybody shed some light on what happened with percussion last night? Thursday Bloo topped SCV 87-85 in Perc achievement - Friday SCV took achievement 87-83. A 6 point swing in one day!?

• Like 1