Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

3 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Can anybody shed some light on what happened with percussion last night? Thursday Bloo topped SCV 87-85 in Perc achievement - Friday SCV took achievement 87-83. A 6 point swing in one day!?

SCV's percussion is the best in the business. They may have had an off night the other night, or Bloo had an off night last night. They are the two best percussion lines, IMO....so either might take it at finals, but I would put my money on SCV.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Indoor facilities tend to be kind to Bluecoats, but if Bloo is going to medal this season they are going to have to prove something today. No doubt they continue to get better but they are also steadily falling farther behind BD, SCV and Crown. I frankly have no idea anymore what they have to do to be scored higher. But, the judges clearly do, and hopefully they are communicating that to the Bluecoats leadership.

You know, I want to say the writing is on the wall. That the Bluecoats won't defend their title. If it was any other corps than Bluecoats I would. Bluecoats seem to time things right,so I don't think they are out of it yet. I think it will be really hard for them to catch BD and SCV, but I don't think it's impossible. 

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

SCV's percussion is the best in the business. They may have had an off night the other night, or Bloo had an off night last night. They are the two best percussion lines, IMO....so either might take it at finals, but I would put my money on SCV.

That might be so.   But wouldn't be interesting to have them adjudicated in street clothes by a judge that knows nothing about who they are or who they're instructed by.    SCV is incredible, but so are a few others that will give them a run for the Sanford this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Indoor facilities tend to be kind to Bluecoats, but if Bloo is going to medal this season they are going to have to prove something today. No doubt they continue to get better but they are also steadily falling farther behind BD, SCV and Crown. I frankly have no idea anymore what they have to do to be scored higher. But, the judges clearly do, and hopefully they are communicating that to the Bluecoats leadership.

I think it would be nice if Bloo proved something today, but I would stop short of saying they have to prove it now. I am pretty sure changes are in the works and it may be a little while before we see them. In the mean time, I just hope they can cut into the spread that opened up last night and hang with the current top three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think it would be nice if Bloo proved something today, but I would stop short of saying they have to prove it now. I am pretty sure changes are in the works and it may be a little while before we see them. In the mean time, I just hope they can cut into the spread that opened up last night and hang with the current top three.

Well.....look how much the 2016 Bluecoats changed the activity. That's gotta make them feel good. I'll love their show whether it's 1st or 4th. We'll see what happens tonight, but I cannot wait to see them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

In 2015 they were fourth at San Antonio but by finals were almost taking silver. Bluecoats tend to shine in indy so lets not cement them out just yet.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I  would almost always put money on SCV perc, Crown brass, and BD guard. That's the default in this decade.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 3PoC said:

I  would almost always put money on SCV perc, Crown brass, and BD guard. That's the default in this decade.

That's how I would bet if I had too, but I think SCV's guard could give BD a run for their money. The champion is going to have to take one of those captions, IMO.

41 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Can anybody shed some light on what happened with percussion last night? Thursday Bloo topped SCV 87-85 in Perc achievement - Friday SCV took achievement 87-83. A 6 point swing in one day!?

I think it was a variety of things...including a judge getting a first read on Bloo.  Issues were with performance not content.  Think today will tell us a lot more...first time with TWO percussion judges.

• Like 2

Rennick is one of the best in the business. I would never bet on anyone but SCV when it comes to percussion 

• Like 1