Jay Bocook - Still w/Cadets?

Re Mr. Cipriano, the BAC site stated he was a brass instructor with BD from "90 to "99, was Brass Caption Head with the Cadets from "00 to "01, was BCH with Magic of Orlando from "02 to "03, was BCH with SCV in "04 and BCH with the Cadets from "05 to "16.

From "01 to "04 and "07 to "11, he also had stints with the Syracuse Brigadiers and the Reading Buccaneers respectively.

It also noted that under Mr. Cipriano's guidance and leadership, the Cadets won the Jim Ott trophy in 2000, 2005 and 2011.

I am sure others with knowledge of his contributions will add to our understanding of his C.V. in drum corps.

Congratulations to Boston for bringing home one of their own and for also snaring Mr. McNutt.

1993-2016, except 02 and 03

Edited by 1956OPR

From one of the Cadets-to-Boston staffers: Bocook is also going to Boston, but he won't be writing the book for them. He's taking more of a "consultant" role in his poor, aging health (wish him well by the way).

Jay is in poor health? :(

snaring Mr. McNutt.

I see what you did there

• Like 1

Well, I disagree in part. JD Shaw left, and Rennick followed ... the next year @ PR drill, guard and Vis all changed -- but from one season to another, that is quite an exodus in just a short time - be in in one year or within 16 mos. Was just making a point that they had a slew of folks depart within mos of eachother

Rennick left first, he came to SCV in 2011. Shaw came over in 2012

• Like 1

Jay is in poor health? :(

I was told that he has aged very much so since 2014 and it's hard for him to still remain heavily active in the activity

1993-2016, except 02 and 03

In reference to the years Jay has written for Cadets, this is correct. I believe Don Hill wrote for Cadets in 2002 and 2003. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hopkins pull in Don Hill. He did a pretty good job with those two years. All my best to Jay if he is dealing with some health issues. He's been a fantastic arranger for this activity for a long time.

Sometimes people just need a breathe of fresh air. We can all speculate on why they left, but really the only people that will truly know are Gino and Collin.

WOW !!!! So, as Hop put it "Life changes" --- Ummm to be a part of a pinnacle corps for THAT long and just well, leave? Maybe $$$, but I suspect if they wanted Jay, Gino & Colin... they (or other corps w/said $$$) would have lured them away long before now

Edited by Newseditor44

It seems it is in our nature to speculate about what happened and why BUT we aren't there and we aren't George! The Cadets have been in the top 6 since the 80's and I am sure George will take care of the organization just fine. The only thing that talking about "rumors" is they could be false AND they could hurt peoples feelings Soooooo maybe we should all just do what we did in the 70's and 80's and just wait to see what happens after it happens!

In reference to the years Jay has written for Cadets, this is correct. I believe Don Hill wrote for Cadets in 2002 and 2003. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hopkins pull in Don Hill. He did a pretty good job with those two years. All my best to Jay if he is dealing with some health issues. He's been a fantastic arranger for this activity for a long time.

Was wondering this about Don Hill too. I knew he had stepped in for a year or two. Would be interesting to say the least.

Edited by DrumManTx