Jay Bocook - Still w/Cadets?

I had heard that Jay Bocook tendered his resignation to the Cadets last Sunday. I also heard that the initial rumor going around earlier this week that JB had been hired at the Boston Crusaders to be false. But others can chime in if they think either of these 2 rumors might be false ( as well ihey could be, as there is nothing on any Corps websites at the moment re. Jay Bocook's current status with the Cadets... one way or the other ).

Why are rumors being posted? What purpose does this serve? Other than possibly being damaging to non profits or the individuals involved...?

I have no idea one way or another about Jay being with Cadets. But I will say this: typically composers and arrangers do not resign from jobs with a band or corps. You get hired to write something and then you wait to see if you get hired again. There are not a lot of writing jobs out there, yet I realize JB is one of the best and certainly in high demand. Having said that, unless Boston or someone else has hired him to write or consult under a restricted contract that doesn't allow him to write for another unit (or certain other corps) I highly doubt he would turn down work if it were to come his way. There are lots of possibilities. He could have just said to GH "hey, I'd like some time off." He may have said nothing. GH may simply want to move in a different direction, or not.

None of us know until it becomes fact. I didn't see anything on Boston's website about JB, unless I missed it.

I was told, by someone one Cadets; staff, that Jay has indeed resigned.

Wow

Yeah it has me wondering because GH posted on his facebook wishing Gino and Colin well, but nothing about Jay, which leads me to conclude that it was indeed, just a rumor. I don't know.

He probably responded about those because they were the only ones announced at another corps.

He probably responded about those because they were the only ones announced at another corps.

Could be, but unless an official message has been put out, none of us knows either way. We all seem to just be going by rumor and conjecture.

I have no idea one way or another about Jay being with Cadets. But I will say this: typically composers and arrangers do not resign from jobs with a band or corps. You get hired to write something and then you wait to see if you get hired again. There are not a lot of writing jobs out there, yet I realize JB is one of the best and certainly in high demand. Having said that, unless Boston or someone else has hired him to write or consult under a restricted contract that doesn't allow him to write for another unit (or certain other corps) I highly doubt he would turn down work if it were to come his way. There are lots of possibilities. He could have just said to GH "hey, I'd like some time off." He may have said nothing. GH may simply want to move in a different direction, or not.

None of us know until it becomes fact. I didn't see anything on Boston's website about JB, unless I missed it.

Sounds plausible. JB went back to Cadets in 2005 contingent upon GH's agreement that he didn't have to spend a lot of time on tour.

Why are rumors being posted? What purpose does this serve? Other than possibly being damaging to non profits or the individuals involved...?

Because it's a discussion board and people discuss things they've heard???

• Like 1

Could be, but unless an official message has been put out, none of us knows either way. We all seem to just be going by rumor and conjecture.

Sure. I'm just saying that most groups only announce stuff when they need to. Not that GH follows the logic of most groups... :)

• Like 1

Sure. I'm just saying that most groups only announce stuff when they need to. Not that GH follows the logic of most groups... :)

Ha! Pretty much lol...

GH logic is not like earth logic. He doesn't march to his own drummer, he marches to his own drumline

• Like 1

George.. This is the internet. Rumors thrive on the internet. While many are off the wall, false... quite a few later do turn out to be true. Plus, attempting to keep rumors from forming & falling on the internet, social media, etc would be like attempting to stop rain from forming in the clouds and falling on Costa Rica. Its impossible.

Edited by BRASSO