Jay Bocook - Still w/Cadets?

IMHO -- This is a serious issue for Cadets. Not unlike Phantom Regiment in 2011 (well for the Drum Corps fan, follower and non-staffer) when Rennick, Shaw & visual and drill writers all abandoned ship at the SAME TIME! Phantom 'survived' -- but NOT as we know and love(d) them. Change brings a sudden bit of fear and expectation that cannot be answered when things like this occur. I have met Gino and Bocook personally and they are HUGE supporters of the activity, aside from their respective place of employ.

Uhm...........No.

All those people you reference from Phantom did not leave at the same time.

But that's OK. Who is paying attention to facts these days......

• Like 1

. I was over here checking to see if the fire was out yet.

Yes, Sully put it out in the Winnebego after Colin dropped his stuff on the stove and it somehow ignited almost killing George he announced on facebook. Bad Colin, Good Sully.

• Like 1

Should Cadets look to totally NEW personnel? Should they 'hire from within' so to speak? I use Phantom Regiment as a constant here because so much of what has suddenly transpired to Cadets, has been in play for some time with Regiment. Many a year when I volunteered many alumni were techs, and staff -- some even became caption heads etc. Look at Will Pitts! Member, conductor now brass arranger! If it were me, and I would never ask it to be so, perhaps the Cadets & GH, should they want to keep the teaching style, marching and percussion as it has been --- hire from within your ranks! If it's felt that a 'breath of fresh air' is needed -- then maybe a totally new staff be sought out.

I don't think anyone is left...I could be wrong...these guys travel in packs...as they should IMO...

The one constant with the top three this year - none of them had major show changes all season long. They all added a bit to the end, but for the most part the shows in August stayed true ti what they put on the field in Spring Training. Good, solid design will always give you an advantage out of the gate.

• Like 3

Uhm...........No.

All those people you reference from Phantom did not leave at the same time.

But that's OK. Who is paying attention to facts these days......

Well, I disagree in part. JD Shaw left, and Rennick followed ... the next year @ PR drill, guard and Vis all changed -- but from one season to another, that is quite an exodus in just a short time - be in in one year or within 16 mos. Was just making a point that they had a slew of folks depart within mos of eachother

I am reall trying to remember just how long Gino was w/Cadets... a good span of years, and Jay Bocook has been writing since what? 2003 or so? could be wrong -- but that's a long time!

1993-2016, except 02 and 03

WOW !!!! So, as Hop put it "Life changes" --- Ummm to be a part of a pinnacle corps for THAT long and just well, leave? Maybe $$$, but I suspect if they wanted Jay, Gino & Colin... they (or other corps w/said $$$) would have lured them away long before now

I am reall trying to remember just how long Gino was w/Cadets... a good span of years, and Jay Bocook has been writing since what? 2003 or so? could be wrong -- but that's a long time!

He's been with Cadets since 93 with a few years off so somewhere around 22-23 years now.