Jay Bocook - Still w/Cadets?

The spelling. But its no big deal.

I agree and that error was already addressed.

I remember trying to make sure I got the spelling of my Sicilian brother-in-law's last name correct. Was it Giacomazzo or Giacommazo? He was proud of his name and it mattered to him.

I am not normally this stubborn on DCP but my question of WHAT ELSE I missed was addressed to Liahona. Why doesn't everyone let him answer it...or not?

Edited by 1956OPR

Perhaps and, if so, let's just agree that BAC snared them both.

My question to Liahona was if the original post was so full of errors and two of these errors were addressed, WHAT ELSE did I miss? I'm just trying to learn from those who seem to have insights into BAC.

Well cadets didn't win brass in 2011 as another example

Perhaps and, if so, let's just agree that BAC snared them both.

My question to Liahona was if the original post was so full of errors and two of these errors were addressed, WHAT ELSE did I miss? I'm just trying to learn from those who seem to have insights into BAC.

You are fine...I did not mean to insult. Please accept my apology. I just was commenting on a few of the mistakes which I noticed previously, but didn't comment on until it was brought up by another poster.

Well cadets didn't win brass in 2011 as another example

Thank you George. My mistake; it was 2015, not 2011.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a site which lists all of the caption winners since 1972?

Edited by 1956OPR

By the way, does anyone know if there a site which lists all of the caption winners since 1972?

fromthepressbox.com is one.

You can check the Finals show from each year, under the " DCI History " tab, then each year's Finals show's recaps. You can find the recap placements,including the winners, there.

Edited by BRASSO

You are fine...I did not mean to insult. Please accept my apology. I just was commenting on a few of the mistakes which I noticed previously, but didn't comment on until it was brought up by another poster.

No offense taken, Liahona. Hopefully, George Dixon's mention of the incorrect Ott year was the last of my mistakes.

And thanks to all who chipped in on the need to pay more attention to spelling.

Edited by 1956OPR

And thanks to all who chipped in on the need to pay more attention to spelling.

Your welcom

• Like 4

fromthepressbox.com is one.

You can check the Finals show from each year, under the " DCI History " tab, then each year's Finals show's recaps. You can find the recap placements,including the winners, there.

Brasso, since my understanding is that the caption awards are based on the 3-night average of each corps' results, I was hoping to avoid having to do the calculations required.

I think I will query the DCI site again and try to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Brasso, since my understanding is that the caption awards are based on the 3-night average of each corps' results, I was hoping to avoid having to do the calculations required.

I think I will query the DCI site again and try to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I see what you are trying to do now, ie the 3 night average, and thats above my pay grade. Keep in mind, that many of the years from 1972 did not have Quarters, Semi's, Finals ( 3 nite formats). Some years it was just " Prelims ", then " Finals " ( 2 nite format). One corps, one year, won the Percussion caption in prelims ( both percussion judges too), but that drumline watched the Finals from the stands, as their Corps did not make Finals ( they finished in the 20-24th position in some captions, keeping them out of Finals in15th ). Weird, huh ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1