72 Hours / 654 Words…but 2 are missing

I guess you were in the room and know that those words we never said right?? right??? If they were there is no need to post them on DCP for anyone to see. What went on is between the three of them. You are and ex yea guy for a reason right? Right???

Calm down!!! He gets to speak his mind.

I guess you were in the room and know that those words we never said right?? right??? If they were there is no need to post them on DCP for anyone to see. What went on is between the three of them. You are and ex yea guy for a reason right? Right???

Calm down!!! He gets to speak his mind.

nah, they finally have to pay the licensing for using Yentl the last few years as a warm-up, right Papa?

It's about time someone puts Yentil on the field! Either that or Funny Girl

It's about time someone puts Yentil on the field! Either that or Funny Girl

"Hello, gorgeous..." :tongue:

• Like 1

Ok, poor choice of words, should not have used borderline contemptuous. Forgive me.

People leave, we hire new people, so be it, we'll be fine. Just seemed intentionally not a very nice thing to say about people who may well have more credibility with the Cadets organization than George ever will.

I really did not read it as 'not nice', but more a stream of conscience kind of reflection. Remember, for a long time the percussion team was Tom Aungst and Neil Larravee (sp), and when they left some thought the world was coming to an end...and they had Colin and Ian after that. They will get new staff members of high quality and be fine...at least that is how I read the post. Would anyone expect anything else?

People can parse every word that was written or omitted, but IMO that is just piling on at a tough time, esp as his posting style is hardly a secret, for good or ill.

• Like 2

If Cadets handled the dissemination of information differently, this thread wouldn't exist. I don't see this as an entitlement issue.

GH could easily have opened his facebook post with "these guys have meant a tremendous amount to the Cadets, including recent caption titles in 2013 and 2015 - so much of the Cadets success is due to these tremendous educators." Even if he's upset. Even if he doesn't think they're great. He could still have written that just to be a gracious guy. Just to be a guy that sounds like people would want to work with him. For what it's worth, he's posted positive stuff about them in the past, but it'd be nice to see some positive thoughts here as well.

Instead, he essentially wrote (or perhaps it's just my take on it): there are plenty of fish in the sea, and they'll be just as good as these guys.

Have you ever seen Dean Westman's facebook posts? That dude can't help but be gracious and positive. It just takes a little effort (or maybe no effort, depending on your outlook).

From what I hear they didn't give any notice at all until Sunday or Monday. Now I'm not defending GH but I find it extremely unprofessional that you up and leave without notice. But no one will bash them.

From what I hear they didn't give any notice at all until Sunday or Monday. Now I'm not defending GH but I find it extremely unprofessional that you up and leave without notice. But no one will bash them.

word on the street is everything happened quickly, so not a lot of time was available

From a purely humorous standpoint, you do have to appreciate the irony in the lament that there are not enough opportunities for new people in the activity....from someone who has refused to be dislodged from the same job...since 1982...

:tounge2:

True, and as we all know there really are not a lot of jobs in DCI, at least not at the admin, design, and caption head positions. DCI is, after all, the best in marching music, so those high-level jobs should be tough to get and reserved for the best in the activity.

To add to your point, I also think it's ironic that a corps out of Boston is grabbing 2 excellent caption heads, a pit guy, and a brass arranger/consultant from The Cadets. I remember an old Garfield Cadets corps doing that to 27th Lancers back in the day when they began to struggle financially.