72 Hours / 654 Words…but 2 are missing

It still amazes me today the entitlement many have ( not saying just here ) to know everything and in this case what the price of a ticket or ones involvement in the past entitles them to.. Oh well , the sign of the times I guess....Just sayin

Now if one puts themselves out there then they put themselves out for the good as well as the bad. You cant pick and choose. We know G likes the attention so that sword cuts both ways.

If Cadets handled the dissemination of information differently, this thread wouldn't exist. I don't see this as an entitlement issue.

GH could easily have opened his facebook post with "these guys have meant a tremendous amount to the Cadets, including recent caption titles in 2013 and 2015 - so much of the Cadets success is due to these tremendous educators." Even if he's upset. Even if he doesn't think they're great. He could still have written that just to be a gracious guy. Just to be a guy that sounds like people would want to work with him. For what it's worth, he's posted positive stuff about them in the past, but it'd be nice to see some positive thoughts here as well.

Instead, he essentially wrote (or perhaps it's just my take on it): there are plenty of fish in the sea, and they'll be just as good as these guys.

Have you ever seen Dean Westman's facebook posts? That dude can't help but be gracious and positive. It just takes a little effort (or maybe no effort, depending on your outlook).

• Like 6

This isn't the academy awards.. It's people lives and jobs big difference. There is no need to go public with something that was very painful and private between them. Some just want all the dirty laundry posted here for all the see. Not everything is our business even though we think it is lol.

Very confused.

I never thought thanking someone in public was "painful" for someone or "dirty laundry".

Maybe I missed something.

• Like 6

Acting with grace, dignity and professionalism, when confronted with victory or defeat, with gains and setbacks, is a lesson imparted to all Cadets on the field. It is a lesson which all members of the Cadets staff should remember, so that their own actions serve as the example and do not instead undermine the lesson. It's a lesson each of us on DCP could also bear remembering throughout the year.

• Like 1

Now they probably were spoken somewhere through the conversations that have been going on. But their absence in probably the most anticipated statement of this activity in 15 years is an utter failure to lead, inspire, and rally in the face of adversity. It is perhaps the clearest display of what is broken in one of the most legendary, storied, respected organizations this activity has ever had.

This is exactly what I've been trying to come up with for the past several days. "Broken" is a greatly accurate word.

• Like 2

And by the way - you're all missing the most important hint that was dropped in Hopkin's Facebook post ...

And Thursday, I am off to Washington, DC to see Barbara Streisand,

Cadets are proud to announce their 2017 show: EVERGREEN

I just hope for the sake of the organization that he's learned his lesson. It's clear from the many stories being heard (and the immense staff turnover within YEA) that staff feel mistreated/disrespected by GH and I'm hoping that from all his diary entries on Facebook, some introspection is occurring. Just what I think.

GH could easily have opened his facebook post with "these guys have meant a tremendous amount to the Cadets, including recent caption titles in 2013 and 2015 - so much of the Cadets success is due to these tremendous educators." Even if he's upset. Even if he doesn't think they're great. He could still have written that just to be a gracious guy. Just to be a guy that sounds like people would want to work with him. For what it's worth, he's posted positive stuff about them in the past, but it'd be nice to see some positive thoughts here as well.

Maybe he's just following the sage advise that everyone's mother imparts to their children: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"