72 Hours / 654 Words…but 2 are missing

Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down

True. I can't tell you the number of nice people I've met going up and down elevators where we're lost and get off on the wrong floor.

• Like 3

I don't know about what goes on with Cadets so I don't pretend to. I have no one to impress.

If anyone is posting on here to impress others, then it seems clear to me they need to at least dress better when they post. I'm getting pertty, perrrty annoyed these days knowing both gals and guys alike are dressing in attire on here when they post that would not even be found suitable for DCI competition... and this needs to stop, imo. People need to learn to dress for success.

Edited by BRASSO

From a purely humorous standpoint, you do have to appreciate the irony in the lament that there are not enough opportunities for new people in the activity....from someone who has refused to be dislodged from the same job...since 1982...

:tounge2:

On top of that, wasn't it his job to hire so-called younger people during that 36-year run? And yet he apparently decided to retain people whom, I surmise from his Facebook post, were utterly replaceable?

I'll say this, George sure does know how to motivate people. Especially those who now work for other corps. SMH

• Like 1

I dont disagree with George looking for the controversy and how he brings it on himself. As i said earlier if you put yourself out there it can be a double edge sword. Personally I dont believe in ALL the transparency and do not feel everyone is entitled to know everything about everything in this activity but some people need to constantly be in the news so to speak.

Yes you are right though, there are ways to do things especially after many many years with a person.

Do you see the directors at Blue Stars posting borderline contemptuous things about the staffer who was recruited away from their corps at mid-season by George?

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

• Like 1

Do you see the directors at Blue Stars posting borderline contemptuous things about the staffer who was recruited away from their corps at mid-season by George?

I am not even aware that a Blue Star staffer was recruited by George mid-season. Shows you what I know.

Just for clarity ... are you implying that the Facebook post of Hopkins which inspired this thread "included borderline contemptuous things" about Gino or Colin?

Edited by Eleran

I thought what GH wrote was great and very true. Change will happen and there is always plenty of people to blame when things go bad. A competitive and artistic activity like drum corps can probably get pretty tough, and ugly at times, behind the scenes. GH isn't perfect. Neither am I, or anyone else. I'm pretty sure he knows his drum corps and will find some great teachers and designers. I'm sure some alumni may be upset that he didn't publicly thank Gino and Colin, but that was likely dealt with behind the scenes, and perhaps a public farewell and thank you is coming at another time.

Honestly I do not see every corps out there publicly thanking their staff or designers when they move on. Sometimes it depends on how long they were with a corps.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1