A criticism

Here we go again...

Obviously this activity is still appealing to someone, or else DCI wouldn't be posting higher attendance numbers at finals every year.

Very few shows came off to me as being overly esoteric this season. BK's was maybe the biggest one. And Blue Stars, I honestly never really got that one.

• Like 3

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

Strongly disagree with the premise

The epitome of the offseason

In other words...Much Ado About Nothing.

• Like 2

Claymation is one obvious example.

Sorry. Clay Aiken has long passed the age-out limit. Nice try, though. What do we have as parting gifts for our contestant, Johnny?

:sarcasm:

Edited by HornTeacher

Where did all the fun stuff go? You ruined my show! I've been silly, absurd, alienating, difficult to understand and I did all this without wearing a shako. How can you not be entertained! It's art! It's Drum Corp!

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no place to go. Is this the state of this thread? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

Yes, it is the state of this thread. It took a while but we finally made it.

Edited by Bsader

How can you question the meaning of my show? How can you judge me? How can you criticize me? I've worked very hard on this. I've worked all summer long, 10 to 12 hours a day and your criticizing me? I'm just a kid! What kind of people are you?

Edited by Bsader