Final Thoughts on an Amazing 2016 Season

Thank you much!!! I'm with you -- every corps needs love!

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 1

Great job as always! I love that you stay positive and refrain from bashing. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

Very well done, with great detail. I've been slow to do my usual end of season/Finals review, and I'm not sure I will now! Outstanding read.

Harvey

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

NO THANK YOU. DrumManTx, I have had the pleasure of following and responding to your comments all season here on DCP. You have ALWAYS been a breath of fresh air on a site, that I have learned over a good number of years, that can quickly become critical if not downright toxic at times, thus lossing its focus, which would be better put on what the Corps, Staffs and Membership brings to the field. However, as a Drum Corps Relic watching the activity for some 51 years, I can honestly say that no other contributor to DCP, has supported the activity more effectively and brilliantly then you. Your fine eye and fine tuned ear for detail and most importantly a tender heart, are gifts that when shared with me and I am curtain many others on here, including the new "parents" who have discovered DCP and the activity for the first time, have been further enriched thanks to your ability to educate,and further enlightening even an old Drum "Corps Relic' as myself. More significantly, DrumManTx, and more importantly you have gotten me to more fully understand and expand my knowledge and appreciation of the breadth and depth of the Drum Corps Activity and its very Heart, it's membership. Drum Corps has played has played a critical and life affirming role in my life! I first joined the SIMPLEX MINUTEMEN of Gardner, Mass. back in 1965 and marched through 1972. As a kid my "mentors" were the Corpsmen from 27th Lancers, The Anaheim Kingsmen, and, God Bless America's Corps, The Casper Wyoming Troopers, whose Mountain Top LP Cover from back around 1970 or so, solely influenced me to take up the "artistry" of playing 24" Concert Cymbals). Your marvelous review, which I have printed out in its entirety will provide me with a "hard copy synopsis/memory of the 2016 season that sadly, due to short term memory loss, I would otherwise be unable to "recall". I also want you to know that I find your words and review so worthy, inclusive and brilliantly written that I will personally bring your review to the attention of STEVE VICKERS Publisher of "Drum Corps World." I want to see your "gift",talent, compassion expression, and full understanding or our activity to reach the widest possible audience. For you my friend, carry within you, the very "Heart" of Drum Corps International. With Every good Wish. Sincerely, Dennis

• Like 1

Just a fabulous review! Good to see some young "blood" taking reviews seriously. I agreed with most of what you detailed. In a few cases I didn't, but who cares? DCPers are not going to agree on everything, but it's so important that we have younger fans falling in love with this activity and taking their interest beyond just attending a show. Keep it up. There are many of use who love to read how this activity affects other fans, and the insight on each corps' performances is wonderful. Bravo!

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2