Things they have nailed, Things they can improve

Blue Devils -

MEH

- This year, the ending half of the show never gave me that "ahhh" moment. It felt like all of those moments were reserved for the first half.

Agreed. All season I kept waiting for them to ratchet it up at the end with faster motion, more driving music and some sort of big visual thing. Instead they kept tinkering with what they already had. The end result was merely pleasant in contrast to the Bluecoats' fury of running up and down the slide and crazy music. Some more fireworks to close (or a surprise during the "into thin air" quote) and it may have made a difference in placement.

Agreed. All season I kept waiting for them to ratchet it up at the end with faster motion, more driving music and some sort of big visual thing. Instead they kept tinkering with what they already had. The end result was merely pleasant in contrast to the Bluecoats' fury of running up and down the slide and crazy music. Some more fireworks to close (or a surprise during the "into thin air" quote) and it may have made a difference in placement.

Was waiting for something like 2014s ending which is as good as drum corps gets IMO or some surprise no one was expecting like 2015. It just still looked and sounded like a framework compared to fireworks from the last two years. Thought the fabric was cool and what they had wasn't necessarily bad, just not quite as much energy as it felt like the whole closer was building to.