$.02

Glad you feel better getting that off your chest. Another internet warrior getting angry. Glad you didn't "let me off the hook." I'm sure you're a blast at parties. Have a good day. I'll get off your lawn now.

From your first post, I wondered if you had no interest in discussion, only in playing stick-in-the-cage with the legacy audience. This post confirms.

(Oh - just my $.02.)

• Like 1

You're delusional if you really think that 99% of the "Old Timers" (T-Rex's) are paying money to watch "Marching Broadway Musical Theater" on a football field. It's mostly high school and college marching band kids and their parents. Former "Old School" Corps members and fans are so turned off at the current state of the art that they're not going anywhere near a show...........

Wow, speak for yourself. There's a TON of support from the T-Rex's.

And for God's sake, if this is your feeling, please stay far... FAR away. From both DCI and the internet.

Hopefully science finds a cure for you some day.

• Like 1

. But guess what, I, along with 99% of the old timers will continue to pay for a ticket to go to shows at either a state of the art venue or some rickety country high school stadium.

I wish that" 99% of the old timers" would go to the current shows too.. like you and me still do. But in this " 99% " figure, you missed the insertion of a decimal point. There is not much value in living in a fantasyland that " 99% " of the old timers that used to be in Corps or follow Drum Corps still go to the shows. 90% have walked.. that leaves... at best.... 9.9% of them still engaged. As we go sbout rightfully applauding what we like and see in today's DCI Drum Corps ( and its truly outstanding marchers ) lets not delude ourselves that the activity has not lost more followers than it has gained over the last 35 years. Being " real" although sometimes uncomfortable, is far better than living in a fantasyland re. the " old timers " level of interest in todays DCI offerings. The Young are engaged.,, but at the moment, not enough of them in numbers to signify confident growth prospects for the activity in the fututre, imo. There is MUCH work to be done.

Edited by BRASSO

I marched 04-05 and I pretty much enjoy shows from 1986 - current. Anything before 86 I will really have to dig to find something I can enjoy for 12 minutes.

But every year its the same, some shows I like and some I don't. Some years I will have 5 shows I like, other years there may be only 1 or 2. And honestly the added electronics, voices, instruments have not had an impact for me one way or another.

As long as the arrangers are properly implementing them and allowing the performers to play something that is pleasing to listen to, then i'm all for it.

All I want is to get chills during performances. And not because its cold either lol

I marched 04-05 and I pretty much enjoy shows from 1986 - current. Anything before 86 I will really have to dig to find something I can enjoy for 12 minutes.

But every year its the same, some shows I like and some I don't. Some years I will have 5 shows I like, other years there may be only 1 or 2. And honestly the added electronics, voices, instruments have not had an impact for me one way or another.

As long as the arrangers are properly implementing them and allowing the performers to play something that is pleasing to listen to, then i'm all for it.

All I want is to get chills during performances. And not because its cold either lol

When I was younger...and first exploring drumcorps (the 90's era) I really could not stand anything that was prior to 1983 Garfield...I have since revised my opinion about 60's, 70's, and 80's drumcorps...I get much enjoyment from those lines as much as watching the 2016 Bluecoats or others for example...this year I didn't care for Blue Knights...but the 2 years prior I absolutely loved them...the only thing I wish is that I had a time machine...and I could experience some of those performances live once again and the ones that I never saw live experience for the first time instead of on an old video...I just really love drumcorps now in whatever form it is past or present...besides it's always been a fantasy of mine to play that soprano solo from the 1975 Madison Scouts...that was incredible...

Edited by Liahona

You're delusional if you really think that 99% of the "Old Timers" (T-Rex's) are paying money to watch "Marching Broadway Musical Theater" on a football field. It's mostly high school and college marching band kids and their parents. Former "Old School" Corps members and fans are so turned off at the current state of the art that they're not going anywhere near a show...........

Speak for yourself curmudgeon! I love going to band shows and modern drum corps. I dig talking to the kids and telling them horror stories of carrying 14,16, 18 tenors etc.

I was all for the changes in DCI but after hearing about corps recording their show and playing it back on the speakers during their show is going too far !!!!

• Like 1