Another Big Week-End

Good Luck to all corps out there tonight hope you get to perform with every thing intented to be used,

WE have 4 shows running this week On saturday night ,One Southern .one Midwest and two here in the East l think all corps other then Bushwackers are booked for a show.So come tomorrow night lots of movement on the rankings board .what corps are ready to make a move?We have 3 groups fighting to take a lead

Group 1,

Bucs

Fusion

Cabs

Minn.

Group2

Cadets

CV

White Sabers

Sunrisers

Group 3

Govies

Bush

Sky

Hurrcanes

Alliance

Atlanta CV isn't marching this weekend. They play next weekend in the Southern Showdown.

From watching 5 of the top 6- to be straight up- my belief is that C2/Cabs/Fusion/CV are within one point of each other, and MBI is floating around that window as well. Sun/Sabres are tangled and separated from that lack by a real gap, that it would take help from one of the pack ahead of them to catch. I don't see any of those corps falling flat on their faces to that degree. Too well taught, too much talent, too strong of a package. They'd have to have an internal meltdown. Those, I know about personally. (1983)

From watching 5 of the top 6- to be straight up- my belief is that C2/Cabs/Fusion/CV are within one point of each other, and MBI is floating around that window as well. Sun/Sabres are tangled and separated from that lack by a real gap, that it would take help from one of the pack ahead of them to catch. I don't see any of those corps falling flat on their faces to that degree. Too well taught, too much talent, too strong of a package. They'd have to have an internal meltdown. Those, I know about personally. (1983)

I got to see Fusion/C2 early in the season in Ijamsville, and have been able to see CV live several times since...so I don't really have any frame of "improvement" reference for any of these corps but Atlanta CV. CV has improved markedly. I'm a big fan of the activity in general, and don't get too caught in the scores...that said, I look at last year's pattern for CV...

They scored an 80 the first weekend in August last year.

They scored an 87 two weeks later in the third week of August.

They scored a 93 two weeks after that in DCA Finals.

I'm not saying the same thing will happen this year...it probably won't. But if you start with THIS year's 84.7 in the first weekend of August, I could easily see CV scoring in the 92-95 range by finals. But every year/panel/show is different.

And all of that said, there's a high probability there will be 4 other corps right there, too. I don't see anyone running down the Bucs. I think by finals there may be a clear #1 and #2, and a crapshoot for 3-6.

CV's show is clearly capable of laying down a 92-95 point number on finals weekend.

So are the C2/Fusion/Cabs and MBI.

The performers will decide this. It may come down to making the panel think "who wants this more!?"

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

CV's show is clearly capable of laying down a 92-95 point number on finals weekend.

So are the C2/Fusion/Cabs and MBI.

The performers will decide this. It may come down to making the panel think "who wants this more!?"

Completely agree...in a way, I'm glad the Fan Network isn't covering it this year...that decision forced me to buy some plane tickets and show tickets! I know these corps won't disappoint!

The other battle here is the botton corps^ six fighting for two spots

any scores yet?