Another Big Week-End

THANKS FRANK

:ninja:

Having just arrived at home after the trip from St. Peter, I am very surprised to see how close the top 5 are after tonight, and the 2nd five spots are as well...

As far as the "Drum Corps Expo" hosted by the Govies - all in all, the show was much better from both a performance standpoint - not to mention the weather was much more cooperative..

Next to NO rain - even though the souvie booths and some of the fans had to use cover for the last 30 minutes before show time - NOTHING like last night. Everybody was able to utilize the electronics to enhance their productions, and in the case of MBI - they were able to use their entire front ensemble and the pre-recorded commentary to make full use of their props, although a couple of equipment/prop malfunctions may have slightly altered either way.

I expect the last weekend will deliver the seedings, and it will increase the drama to keep everyone guessing when Rochester rolls around.

Thank again to Frankie P. for posting the numbers from all the shows. Love ya, man! - See you in a couple of weeks! :thumbs-up:

Pat

So it's yet another late-season surge by Cadets2?

• Like 2

The Peckville recap is not without interest.

Visual Ensemble

188 Buccaneers; 180 Cadets 2; 179 Caballeros; 174 Fusion; 170 Sabers; 155 Skyliners

Guard

185 Buccaneers; 182 Cadets 2; 181 Fusion; 179 Caballeros; 169 Sabers; 154 Skyliners

Brass

189 Buccaneers; 184 Caballeros; 182 Cadets2; 180 Sabers; 174 Fusion; 152 Skyliners

Percussion

187 Buccaneers; 181 Caballeros; 180 Cadets2; 175 Fusion; 157 Sklyiners; 154 Sabers

Music Ensemble

186 Buccaneers; 184 Cadets2; 182 Caballeros; 180 Fusion; 173 Sabers; 157 Sklyiners

Visual Effect

187 Buccaneers; 184 Fusion; 180 Caballeros; 179 Cadets2; 171 Sabers; 165 Skyliners

Music Effect

189 Buccaneers; 185 Cadets2; 182 Caballeros; 179 Fusion; 174 Sabers; 158 Skyliners

Communication

94 Buccaneers; 91 Cadets2; 90.5 Fusion; 90 Caballeros; 86 Sabers; 79.5 Sklyiners

One thing I'm struck by is that White Sabers' strongest caption is brass and weakest caption is percussion, both being notably separated (in points) from their other captions: 180 and 154, respectively, vs. 169-175 for the rest.

Edited to fix typo.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

:ninja:

Having just arrived at home after the trip from St. Peter, I am very surprised to see how close the top 5 are after tonight, and the 2nd five spots are as well...

As far as the "Drum Corps Expo" hosted by the Govies - all in all, the show was much better from both a performance standpoint - not to mention the weather was much more cooperative..

Next to NO rain - even though the souvie booths and some of the fans had to use cover for the last 30 minutes before show time - NOTHING like last night. Everybody was able to utilize the electronics to enhance their productions, and in the case of MBI - they were able to use their entire front ensemble and the pre-recorded commentary to make full use of their props, although a couple of equipment/prop malfunctions may have slightly altered either way.

I expect the last weekend will deliver the seedings, and it will increase the drama to keep everyone guessing when Rochester rolls around.

Thank again to Frankie P. for posting the numbers from all the shows. Love ya, man! - See you in a couple of weeks! :thumbs-up:

Pat

Pat, did you happen to notice the nice rainbow suddenly appear in the sky while the Kilts were performing Over the Rainbow? The fans in the stands sure did----it was at "no charge", I sense courtesy of Lothar. :angel1:

Edited by bill
  • Like 1