Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Pretty cool to see another composer supporting a drum corps. Dobson, by the way, has been performed on the field before: Crown played his "Journey of the Lone Wolf" this past season.

• Like 5

That Fanfare is spectacular! I can just only imagining what BD sounds like. I am even more excited for BD this year. I am feeling wowed without even knowing the theme of the show, because if anything I am certain of BD always amazes me every year with what they bring. Its like you can never tell what they gonna do and it makes you think and get curious cause it always turn out to be so good, sometimes strange yes but it builds anticipation and that leads to a really really good suprise when they finally reveal. BD is the most Magnificent corp I have ever seen. Just the way they move and performs, the dept of the shows they so craftly and brilliantly bring it to us, even if its strange or not liked but yet respected. I love how intelectual they layer and convey a theme, every detail makes sense once you understand the story. That my friend is entertainment for me because they wooed my interest to learn what they doing on the field. 2017 BD is coming off pretty interesting and I just cant wait to see tge direction they chose to go this season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

when is the last time BD hasn't been VERY good in a performance caption?  

I believe the year was 1492.

• Like 3

I took a listen to the Simon Dobson album, and I must it is beyond amazing. IMO, I can see the Blue Devils performing a few songs from the album if they wanted. 

Not sure where in the show it is.  It was so loud.  I don't have memory of the piece but they did something like that.  Lot of fast notes throughout the stuff I heard.  Really deep lowerbrass too.