Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I could be wrong, but I wonder if they could be playing Pictures at an Exhibition. With the partial graphics, I am getting that feeling. 

Not even close.

The latest clue is looking forward. That I like.  I want to see more forward progress.  Reminiscing is nice but that is what alumni corps are for.  Keep pushing the envelope BD.

• Like 6

Yeah flammaster. I have a theory and it is this; I feel that the graphics with hatched eggs, birds, butterflies, wings of the aidition posters are just metaphors for the show and the organizations itself, in meaning Of soaring and transitioning into the future, going forward to explore new fresh ideas, on a new path as you say "pushing the envelope" The Blue Devils way. So yeah I agree and thats what I definitely want to see from them, it suits them. Blue devils expresses new ideas very well and they take to strange content and untrodden grounds bravely and so perfectly in a captivating and sophisticated kinda gansta way. They are Magnificent! So thats what I think of the meanings of those few poster graphics. BD moving and pushing forward.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, btown50 said:

I could be wrong, but I wonder if they could be playing Pictures at an Exhibition. With the partial graphics, I am getting that feeling. 

The BD do not usually play what other corps have done.  It's not in their DNA .

Knowing Chandler he has some sort of theme for this but I certainly can't figure it out.  As far as I can tell though it really seems to be a heavy on the music.  The guy really is a visionary and I am sure this particular year they have planned for a while.  I am thinking today is the day judging for the latest "clue".

I didn't see the eggs or anything.  Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The BD do not usually play what other corps have done.  It's not in their DNA .

Well if they do it's very obscure stuff like Fanfare for the New.

Or they totally transform it (1998 One Hand One Heart) and perhaps mix it with other music. (one of my all time favorite BD shows)!

• Like 1

I am SOOOO unbelieveably excited for BD this season.  SCV too.  The 60/50 relationship is crazy cool and I'm so excited to see them both tear it up.  I hope BD continues to push the envelope with difficulty, emotion, and all the other great things that go into making The Blue Devils themselves.  I hope they announce soon though, I need to give my hype train some new fuel.

TrainBreakdown3.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Well if they do it's very obscure stuff like Fanfare for the New.

BD doesn't typically "play other corps music" as much as other corps, but they have played tunes that other corps have done.  At the same time, they play new stuff on the field, or they arrange in such a way that one wouldn't immediate recognize the tune.

If the rumors are true, they could be playing something that another corps has played, but it's been a very long time.  I am sure that this year's BD is going to be super special.

• Like 1