Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

2 hours ago, flammaster said:

I wanted to go but I can't.

Ok Flammaster. But you'll try for next Saturday ?

On 5/11/2017 at 11:55 PM, flammaster said:

Such a barren landscape.  Yet, produces such beauty year after year.  Mars the bringer of clean.

Absolutely. Its amazing what that practice site has produced for the Blue Devils all these years there. Its a veritable " Field of Dreams".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Only if his honey do list is done.

I have none of that.  I do not drive and am living across the  bay (Carquinez Strait) from BD land currently. Plus I am in a situation now that the place I got approved for was not vacated on time and they are evicting the cretin so I have to wait.  So getting there isn't as easy now.

I will though when the all days start.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Absolutely. Its amazing what that practice site has produced for the Blue Devils all these years there. Its a veritable " Field of Dreams".

It is not a beautiful place by any means but it is home field.  I myself have always held a fascination for industrial architecture but I did grow up in the oil town next to Concord so...

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Surface of the sun during the day...Arctic cold at night...windy...petrochem smell...horrid field surface...if you can march clean at Mars, you can march clean anywhere.

Worst rehearsal site I've ever had to work on....yet what I wouldn't give to set foot on it once again....to stand on my beginning or ending set and let the memories return.

To a Blue Devil, Mars is a close to a sacred site as it gets.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Surface of the sun during the day...Arctic cold at night...windy...petrochem smell...horrid field surface...if you can march clean at Mars, you can march clean anywhere.

Worst rehearsal site I've ever had to work on....yet what I wouldn't give to set foot on it once again....to stand on my beginning or ending set and let the memories return.

To a Blue Devil, Mars is a close to a sacred site as it gets.

The Cavaliers have an affinity for Mars too, but it's not so much a place as a feeling...

Didn't BD let a visiting corps rehearse there once when they came to visit?  Was it Cadets?

The new young administration team for BD is revitalizing that place and I can't wait to go visit on Memorial weekend.  I am really liking the new director a lot. He personally sent me a thank you email for the photos I donated to the corps.