Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

For a drum major representing and international organization basically insulting the age of the hand that feeds them?

Ungrateful!  I am utterly disgusted!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flammaster said:

For a drum major representing and international organization basically insulting the age of the hand that feeds them?

Ungrateful!  I am utterly disgusted!

Honestly yeah, it isn't cool for a drum major to do that. You can have an opinion, but if you are in that kind of position, I wouldn't post something like that either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPK said:

C.C. Waggoner is having none of the "traditionalist" criticism https://twitter.com/nevernetworking/status/878673545550675969

such class... ?   I'm not impressed..  That's a rather "elitist" attitude to have, and not a good reflection of the organization.  

Why you gotta make it so hard to keep lovin' you BD?  

Edited by mellojay84
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mellojay84 said:

such class... ?   not impressed.  

It's very unfortunate for such a great group to be associated with that. This wouldn't be (at least I would hope) acceptable in any corp regardless of status.

I am furious over that and as an alumni of 46 years and parent of a current member I am mortified.

Us "old people" who pay for this don;t like a thumb in the eye.

• Like 1

Maybe the "young people" who view these forums are sick and tired of being criticized for participating in the evolution of an activity we all love equally. Having known CC for years, he is not one to be afraid of sharing is opinion and I have a feeling that the people getting upset about this are the ones who know on the inside he means them. Anytime young people fight back against criticizing old people it's always "agist" and "ungrateful". No, this time it's just correct. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RPK said:

Maybe the "young people" who view these forums are sick and tired of being criticized for participating in the evolution of an activity we all love equally. Having known CC for years, he is not one to be afraid of sharing is opinion and I have a feeling that the people getting upset about this are the ones who know on the inside he means them. Anytime young people fight back against criticizing old people it's always "agist" and "ungrateful". No, this time it's just correct. 

I have to agree. Time and time again, people always talk down about BD or any other corp. Since the activity is moving into another direction and leaving the old in the past, I think those who marched feel some sort of way. I'm not talking about everyone, but there are those who wish that the things that are happening now in drum corps didn't happen. And when it comes to the uniforms, they don't want to see evolution. This is just my opinion. Agree to disagree. But I see the viewpoint of what he is trying to say, but maybe it should have been said differently.

• Like 5

He is going to hear about it.  Very unprofessional.

If you can't take criticism then maybe you should find a safe space.  Biting the hand that feeds you will blow up in your face.