Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

3 minutes ago, flammaster said:

He is going to hear about it.  Very unprofessional.

If you can't take criticism then maybe you should find a safe space.  Biting the hand that feeds you will blow up in your face.

Speaking of safe spaces, I'm selling some if you want one 

• Like 2

Should he have said it a different way? Yes but it seems to be criticism almost every year. At some point, the criticism gets to a level where you cant take it anymore. This seems to be a generational division that will only grow. Not everyone will have the same taste, but the activity seems to be moving away from what it was when it was founded. 

Edited by btown50
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Lol I find this "ageist" outrage absolutely hilarious. 

until they want money then it's all nicey nice

13 minutes ago, flammaster said:

If you can't take criticism then maybe you should find a safe space.  

I don't post on this forum often but I view it with frequency. This debate about old versus new happens too often and it's not the fault of the young people. If people truly care about this activity and want to see it around, this type of criticism has to stop. Get out of your safe space that is this forum defending your traditional ideals and embrace the activity or get out of the activity. While it is your and others' right to say the things you say, you're not helping anything, just holding the activity back. BD has been the pioneers of DCI for years and always faces criticism. Now is the time, as comes with every activity, for the old to step aside and let the new generation grow this activity. 

Edited by RPK
  • Like 2

I don't think ganging up on @flammaster is going to solve the problem. He is entitled to have his own opinion and show emotions. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, btown50 said:

Should he have said it a different way? Yes but it seems to be criticism almost every year. At some point, the criticism gets to a level where you cant take it anymore. This seems to be a generational division that will only grow. Not everyone will have the same taste, but the activity seems to be moving away from what it was when it was founded. 

Then he should address those criticisms on their merits rather than insulting entire generations of people whose sacrifices he owes much of what he has to.  

• Like 3

I have defended this corps on here since 2001.

It's not the members who everyone is railing against.  I have to agree with them that the second outfit they change into is beyond hideous and clashing. drum corps and other activities have punching bags and if they can't take it then maybe they should have stayed an alternate.  biting the hand that feeds you is not going to help one bit.

I don't see it as ageist, I see it as stupid. For someone who was chosen to represent his corps, you gotta have better judgement. I don't blame him for feeling that way, but to publicly come out and slap the hand that feeds him..... not cool.

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Then he should address those criticisms on their merits rather than insulting entire generations of people whose sacrifices he owes much of what he has to.  

Thank you!  I am a  supporter of WGI and Band because I know and care for the members.  For the leader of the top in the world to say something like that makes you feel like letting all the nay sayers have at em.  However I also know that he does not represent all of them either.  He is just one.