Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Agree on what is said on th ballad, which I think is "Everything Must Change" ? Have to listen to the Spotify again over in the other link. Anyhow, that piece reminds of the old days when BD put Hank Levy pieces into their shows. I appreciate that they are just letting that piece breathe. The soloist do need to stand out more over the ensemble- both the trombone and trumpet. Some of that may be the audio of the videos like others are saying, we will see. I will get my chance to see them live at DATR in a few weeks, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing it. 

Anyhow, my like for that ballad is strong. It doesn't matter to me if the corps is moving  or not during- I just want the BD horn line to have that moment and play.  We can call it the "concert" section of a show. Judges might not agree with I just said, but as a fan, I could listen to that piece all day. 

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Those were the days!

La Fiesta.........to this day that concert piece still one of the baddest pieces of music to ever grace a football field.

• Like 6

I have a strong opinion. Just my two cents by watching and observation. Its not rocket science either, but I think BD show overall have the edge, the monster to beat. The reason being is that when observed the shear magnitude of what this year show brings is brilliant but not only is it brilliant, its also a fun show. YES I SAY FUN! It is not only the Bluecoats show fun this year but Morph have a lot of fun things about it spread through out the show, it's intense and captivating. Its not like bluecoats fun in nature, but fun in a really weird creative and musical way that sets it apart in identity, It's really enjoyable. The colorguards are so impressive to watch. when you get to see close up of the things that they do its really really entertaining on a totally higer level IMO. They have alot of demand and they make it look seemless with this fierce confidence oozing.  There are things to work out but I have no worries of such, but mayn with all the hype about which show is the runnaway to win. Cadets usually come out of the gates smoking and dominating on the east until their steam ran out and no where to finish the way they've started. Being analytical about this year is really interesting and fun because of so much to pick at and to praise at the same time with mostly all corps top to bottom. Blue Devils is beatable of course, but hands down for me this show METAMORPH will WIN. I know I probably should make that prediction in the prediction thread but this is my thoughts for top three. 1st BD, 2nd SCV, 3rd BC. If there's any surprise I welcome it, but until then this is how I personally see finals for now. In July I might have to revisit my prediction but I stand by this now.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 4

Morphing each day. Last night's rehearsal (?)

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 7