Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

When is their next competition? Or have they been off since Tuesday and will be performing for the first time again at San Antonio?

I am typically very pro-Cadets. Other corps I tend to like (through the years, not necessarily this year or last year): Crown, Phantom, and Bluecoats. With the exception of the Fellini show (2014, I believe), I've not cared for the BD shows very much.

All of that said, having only watched "Metamorph" on YouTube (I live near Boston), and not even in-person, I can confidently say this is my favorite show of any corps in 2017!!  

It's not even close. I can see this going down as one of my personal favorite shows of all time. Well done, BD, converting a Cadets fan this summer (oh the irony).

Bravissimo!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Performing tonight in Houston. 

Anyone gonna be at the show? Would love to hear about any changes made in their two days off 

I know BD abides by the rehearse smart, not hard, philosophy but I can't imagine their percussion not having a fire lit under them after those TOC scores 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Malaguena Salerosa said:

I am typically very pro-Cadets. Other corps I tend to like (through the years, not necessarily this year or last year): Crown, Phantom, and Bluecoats. With the exception of the Fellini show (2014, I believe), I've not cared for the BD shows very much.

All of that said, having only watched "Metamorph" on YouTube (I live near Boston), and not even in-person, I can confidently say this is my favorite show of any corps in 2017!!  

It's not even close. I can see this going down as one of my personal favorite shows of all time. Well done, BD, converting a Cadets fan this summer (oh the irony).

Bravissimo!

The Faithful, The Fallen, The Blue Devils Convert :bluedevil:

• Like 5

This is not a drill: BD added drill. Toward the end of the big opening hit, they have replaced ... whatever they were doing, clawing at the air? swatting flies? playing charades? ... with some brief tail-hauling. And a new exchange in the rifles, and an additional toss. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This is not a drill: BD added drill. Toward the end of the big opening hit, they have replaced ... whatever they were doing, clawing at the air? swatting flies? playing charades? ... with some brief tail-hauling. And a new exchange in the rifles, and an additional toss. 

Would have loved to have seen it, but alas...

:-)

• Like 3

Whether it's intential or not; the ballad that starts at the five minute mark totally reminds me of the Blue Devils from the early '80s. I mean that as a sincere compliment, too. There are some throwback sounds coming from that hornline that give me goosebumps. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Would have loved to have seen it, but alas...

:-)

LOL. To be fair this is just what I gathered from the same periscope you saw! I can't say WHAT forms they added, exactly, but they're definitely flying. 

• Like 2