Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

22 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Very cool, what those drums are attempting is absolutely miraculous to watch.  They're incredible.  

I could not agree with you more DrumManTx!! I have not seen the show in person since Riverside, so I am getting anxious to get to Indy! Watching on FloMarching just does not do this show justice! Thank you DrumManTx!! ☺️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mamabear77 said:

Reading this makes my heart so happy!! My son is on the Snareline.. I love seeing comments like this! Thank you for sharing!! 

I can vouch for their openness and warmth to the fans. My son (future marching member), and I, the dino, spent the day at BD rehearsal in Broken Arrow two weeks ago. The staff was extremely receptive to the fans. John Meehan invited all of us into the circle at the end of sectionals (highlight of my day, by the way). Classy organization...on and off the field!  I've always been a Devils fan. Spending the day with them made me even more so.  And that snare line up close with the music book they are playing is ridiculous!  You should be very proud of your son. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mamabear77 said:

He marched Pacific Crest ( 14, 15) , Carolina Crown (16), BD (17) RCC indoor (16,17).. BD & RCC Indoor has been a dream of his since he started drumming in the 7th grade.. He is the one that was interviewed in the recent BD 360 episode about the snare part in the ballad.. 

That is awesome! What years did you march? 

Thank you very much! After "exploring" a bit, I think I will stay in this thread.. I was surprised to see all the hate.. WOWZERS!! 

Dang...that's a pedigree.  That's a helluva awesome marching career!

And if there were not any haters there would be something wrong......dominant success breeds hate unfortunately but it also builds total respect and admiration, glad I'm more in the latter.  Especially after this past weekend where the show clicked for me in terms of my own personal enjoyment.  

Hope you have a great experience in Indy and best of luck to your son on a great finish to the season.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

So this is my first time ever posting on this channel but I just have a thing or two to say about this show. First off, this is the first BD show that I am absolutely in love with! It just has this nostalgic and modern vibe to it overall. The opening snareline feature sets the tone overall very well. The old voiceovers of "BD stepping onto the field for the first time" sends chills down my spine. That ballad makes me wanna scream and do body rolls. And that closer brings tears to my eyes EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am always that guy who is like "Of course BD's gonna take it all and I hate them for it". But this year I am so happy that this production exists and I would love to see them win this year. Also I've been touring with another group this year (souvies) so I've been able to see them live quite a few times and each time I fall in love even more. I'm sure all of this has been said on here but I just really wanted to post on here for the first time :)

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Mamabear77 said:

He marched Pacific Crest ( 14, 15) , Carolina Crown (16), BD (17) RCC indoor (16,17).. BD & RCC Indoor has been a dream of his since he started drumming in the 7th grade.. He is the one that was interviewed in the recent BD 360 episode about the snare part in the ballad.. 

That is awesome! What years did you march? 

Thank you very much! After "exploring" a bit, I think I will stay in this thread.. I was surprised to see all the hate.. WOWZERS!! 

Oh,VERY nice!   Good experience!

I only marched one year, 1984.   If you watch that show, at around the 53 second mark you get the first field level shots.   I'm the 3rd soprano to go past the cameras...full beard and glasses.

And that was my ONLY Jr corps show...I was a rook-out not only to BD, but to the whole activity!

I have 7 other shows under my belt from 3 other corps....but I am first, foremost, and ALWAYS a Blue Devil!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Dang...that's a pedigree.  That's a helluva awesome marching career!

And if there were not any haters there would be something wrong......dominant success breeds hate unfortunately but it also builds total respect and admiration, glad I'm more in the latter.  Especially after this past weekend where the show clicked for me in terms of my own personal enjoyment.  

Hope you have a great experience in Indy and best of luck to your son on a great finish to the season.  

Thank you! I am so proud of him!! He still has one more summer of DCI and two more winter indoor seasons.. 

I do not really understand the hate.. Of course we all have our favorite shows and opinions.. But the opinions should be kept classy..every person marching in all the corps work their tails off..

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to it! 

Edited by Mamabear77
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, c mor said:

I need to thank Scott, and battery members for the hospitality they extended to students from the high school line I help.

We attended the rehearsal block before SE Regional on Saturday.  Scott and gang were very gracious and my guys were blown away at seeing drum corps live and up close for the first time. 

The Blue Devils have always been welcoming to alumni and fans, but it seems to be even greater as of late, especially with alumni. It makes visiting rehearsals and shows much more fun.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

I can vouch for their openness and warmth to the fans. My son (future marching member), and I, the dino, spent the day at BD rehearsal in Broken Arrow two weeks ago. The staff was extremely receptive to the fans. John Meehan invited all of us into the circle at the end of sectionals (highlight of my day, by the way). Classy organization...on and off the field!  I've always been a Devils fan. Spending the day with them made me even more so.  And that snare line up close with the music book they are playing is ridiculous!  You should be very proud of your son. 

What a great experience for you and your son!  I really love hearing these stories! Thank you very much! Super proud mama here!! ☺️

1 hour ago, Mamabear77 said:

I could not agree with you more DrumManTx!! I have not seen the show in person since Riverside, so I am getting anxious to get to Indy! Watching on FloMarching just does not do this show justice! Thank you DrumManTx!! ☺️

Yes. They need a "drum cam" feed or "guard cam" feed etc. for the parents out there!

• Like 2