Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

8 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

For the parents, we did what we could to make their stay enjoyable.  We even had our boosters give the cook staff a break by providing a "homemade" snack (Peach Crisp & Ice Cream) for the corps on Monday night.

My Blue Devil actually posted a photo of his plate full of snack on his Instagram. Looks like he took more than one serving of each item. Well done, sir!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

My Blue Devil actually posted a photo of his plate full of snack on his Instagram. Looks like he took more than one serving of each item. Well done, sir!

No worries.  We made 240 servings.  Having marched more than a few years ago, I remember all too well that serving size is a relative term. :lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

Looks like more changes to the ending. Butterflies and flags are increasingly flooding the field. Maybe more horn drill there too?

You can tell the guard has been working hard on angles and checkpoints. Much, much cleaner than a few days ago during Bumblebee.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NakedEye said:

Looks like more changes to the ending. Butterflies and flags are increasingly flooding the field. Maybe more horn drill there too?

You can tell the guard has been working hard on angles and checkpoints. Much, much cleaner than a few days ago during Bumblebee.

Yeah, more closer changes. The men in  flagline now run stage left instead of  stage right, and move more overall while performing their work; the wing line now extends in front of the corps. You can tell from some of the dirt that some new counts were added here and there. I like it! I bet it'll keep changing. 

Also a great view of the ballad feature in this vid! Still an absolute sucker for the swaying at 6:40. Just such a perfectly evocative bit of phrasing to bring out the alto part in the music.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Yeah, more closer changes. The men in  flagline now run stage left instead of  stage right, and move more overall while performing their work; the wing line now extends in front of the corps. You can tell from some of the dirt that some new counts were added here and there. I like it! I bet it'll keep changing. 

Also a great view of the ballad feature in this vid! Still an absolute sucker for the swaying at 6:40. Just such a perfectly evocative bit of phrasing to bring out the alto part in the music.    

Wow they've realllyyy cleaned up that humongous rotating rectangle at the end of bumblebee. Almost felliniesque level clean in that specific spot. That's some hard stuff and they're going to be rewarded handsomely for it

• Like 5

I told myself i wouldn't tear up ever again after BDs 2015 closer with Clara............yea ok...............water works will be flowing next Saturday night.

• Like 2