Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

There's been jazz in every show over the topic time-frame.

Forgive me for not clarifying, a full jazz show.. i know they have jazz elements every year

You obviously do not know what jazz is.

i clarified on Kamarags post.. i'd like to hear a show of "classics" in 2017

Edited by Lugon83

Some oldies, but goodies - Rob McConnells' T.O., then maybe La Suerta de Los Tontos, Channel One Suite, Legend of a One Sailor and When A Man Loves A Woman. Or put Chicagos Free in, or Joabims' Dindi, or Chase the Clouds Away. Possibly some Don Ellis (since 27 isnt around anymore) - Open Wide or Niner-Two or One More Time Chuck Corea. Maybe some Burt Bacharach from their tribute show a few years ago. Could even go all the way back and do a new arrangement of Chant and Jubilo from their first DCI finals year - if you haven't heard it, you should. Bring back the gigantic sound deflectors from 76 and then to top it, bring out Bonnie Ott to play the solo from her brother's arrangement of Legend of a One Eyed Sailor (just like she played it in finals in after he had died), that would top it for me! Come on, more selections from you all. With the brain trust they have, they could easily step back in time for a year and rock our socks off, especially with electronics helping. And with the guard they have doing When A Man Loves A Woman - oh my, there would be people flocking home to create new lives after that!

i clarified on Kamarags post.. i'd like to hear a show of "classics" in 2017

Why not explore modern jazz music rather than classics?

I understand the appeal of looking backwards to come up with a greatest hits anniversary show. Personally, I would prefer they look forward. Nothing from the past -- everything fresh.

• Like 2

Some oldies, but goodies - Rob McConnells' T.O., then maybe La Suerta de Los Tontos, Channel One Suite, Legend of a One Sailor and When A Man Loves A Woman. Or put Chicagos Free in, or Joabims' Dindi, or Chase the Clouds Away. Possibly some Don Ellis (since 27 isnt around anymore) - Open Wide or Niner-Two or One More Time Chuck Corea. Maybe some Burt Bacharach from their tribute show a few years ago. Could even go all the way back and do a new arrangement of Chant and Jubilo from their first DCI finals year - if you haven't heard it, you should. Bring back the gigantic sound deflectors from 76 and then to top it, bring out Bonnie Ott to play the solo from her brother's arrangement of Legend of a One Eyed Sailor (just like she played it in finals in after he had died), that would top it for me! Come on, more selections from you all. With the brain trust they have, they could easily step back in time for a year and rock our socks off, especially with electronics helping. And with the guard they have doing When A Man Loves A Woman - oh my, there would be people flocking home to create new lives after that!

Can i add La Fiesta from the 84 show? Maybe the most bad*** song BD ever played.

• Like 3

Would love some jazz from them.. Won't hold my breath

NM.

Already answered.

Edited by Fran Haring

To me, the BD are leading the pack of corps who will do what they want in regards to a show and not be concerned about what us fans might suggest. Their record speaks for itself. May they have a great anniversary year in 17.

Edited by Ghost