Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

4 hours ago, NakedEye said:

The past no longer exists. You can reflect on all the good and bad of it, learn from it, and use the strongest lessons and experiences from it to continue to grow as you move forward with a constantly ticking clock. Nothing stands still.

...except the Blue Devils for a third of the show.  :whistle: Sorry, sorry, with all the commentary I HAD to; it was just too easy.  In all seriousness this year's show is just such a superior contemporary homage than the 2007 show.  I've been loving it all year.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Finally learned what those chant-like voice samples are at the beginning ... cool!

This video should be mandatory viewing. 

I freaking LOVE Scott Chandler. He is the best teacher I ever had (Jay Murphy is right there, too). 

The Devil is indeed in the details.

• Like 7

Amazing stuff.. really that video need to be seen by everyone esp to those............. They are always very detailed and purposeful, so much goes into thier shows how every movement and swing, props, drill and movements make sense and aren't just there for the sake of being there.

• Like 2

Best thing that happened to me this summer was the moment I started loving this show.  I think the second half was just a case of getting to see and digest it a good few times to see and hear everything that's going on.  Amazing job tonight.  That ballad........if there was something I could see again with an open mind it's the ballad.  

• Like 4

Highlight of the night is the music analysis numbers!! J. Kennedy gave them the business in that caption last Friday. He heard something different tonight. WTG BD!!!!!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jsd said:

This video should be mandatory viewing. 

I freaking LOVE Scott Chandler. He is the best teacher I ever had (Jay Murphy is right there, too). 

The Devil is indeed in the details.

He is getting OLD (scott). I remember watching his HS winter guard in Florida back in the late 80's. Hard work and great ideas.