THE ACADEMY 2017

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Very Aristocratic, upper crust nobility look, imo. If they go hunting animals in their show this year, do we cheer for the Aristocrats here... or the running Rabbits ? Just asking, just curious, thats all.

in the battle between the Aristocrats and the hunted animals, I'm guessing the Aristocrats here in the top hat and tails ( do they REALLY hunt in top hats, tails) get " outfoxed " by the smarter animals. But... time will tell. We can look back after the season and find out how wrong we were on the theme... lol!

This has a very Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes vibe about it, so I think we root for the wabbit!

I dont know how I feel about this one yet, it seems a LITTLE underwhelming, but I think I just need to see it on the field first.

HOLY COW THOSE UNIFORMS LOOK CLASSY!  A worthy successor to the classic Academy look.

Edited by BoaDci

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

This has a very Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes vibe about it, so I think we root for the wabbit!

Yeah... hard to root against the cuddly and adorable little wabbits, Juarasic Lancer. Especially ones dressed to the Nines like these adorable and cute " Bunnies " will probably be.. ( lol!)

All kidding aside, this fun show feels like it just might become.... well.... fun. Who here or elsewhere doesn't like a fun show ? Not me... haha!  So I'm looking forward to this !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I am sooooooooo excited for this.  :)

Wow, this should be a fun show.

I know some consider these types of shows corny, BUT I think it's pretty fun.  This IS shaping up to another great year musically!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I trust them after doubting the idea of their show last year and feeling stupid when I saw it live in early July. This will easily be a crowd favorite all season. Uniforms work perfectly with the theme. Academy with the FUN show again!

• Like 1

Love the uniform. Can't wait to see the top hats on the field.

Not sure about this show, but I felt the exact same way last year. Looking forward to passing my own judgement after seeing it performed.

That repertoire is so corny and obvious for the theme, yet completely awesome.

32 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Very Aristocratic, upper crust nobility look, imo. If they go hunting animals in their show this year, do we cheer for the Aristocrats here... or the running Rabbits ? Just asking, just curious, thats all.

in the battle between the Aristocrats and the hunted animals, I'm guessing the Aristocrats here in the top hat and tails get " outfoxed " by the smarter animals in the show ( and do the rich REALLY hunt in such fancy clothes,  multi colored vests, top hat, tails, etc on fast galloping hunting horses ? ). But... time will tell if the Aristocrats win or the smarter little creatures in the woods and highlands here win the battle between the Aristocrats and the myriad of running rabbits and other assorted little ones out and about. We can look back after the season and find out how wrong we were on the theme too... lol!

They might leave that decision to the audience.  Which be an awesome level of design maturity.  

I TOTALLY get doubts and concerns about it being corny but they totally proved they know how to do this and make balance it perfectly last year.  I've got full confidence in them to do it tastefully but enjoyably.