First Time to Finals!

We went to a local spot called Spiro's last year on Saturday for breakfast. I don't think they are open on Sundays.

It's a mom-and-pop luncheonette/diner, a little more than a half mile or so down State Street from the Holiday Inn. Easy walking distance from there (for most folks).

Some friends from Cabs Alumni told us about this spot. Good choice. Nothing fancy at all... just a good, straight-up, diner breakfast, and the folks who run the place are very friendly.

We're going back this year if all works out.

• Like 1

Spiro's... I have to check that out. Here's another good breakfast place: http://eatatthefrogpond.com/parkave/#&panel1-2

Wow... that is very cool!!!

Believe me, the atmosphere at Spiro's is... classic local dive. LOL. But good breakfasts!!!

• Like 1

there are Italian restaurants within walking distance of the stadium, but because of the neighborhood, they close early. Roncone's on Lyell Ave right across Lyell from the stadium and Rocky's right on the corner of Jay Street and Oak, right at the stadium back entrance are both excellent if they are open. Both have great sauce and serve Tripe, and all Italian pasta dishes.

Also, a short ride up Jay Street to the west, you will find a very decent place that specializes in Italian fare called Antonetta's. Celebrities visit this joint when in town. It is around the 1200 block of Jay Street. It is worth the one to two mile or so ride up Jay Street.

How do I know about these places? I grew up in this neighborhood before it was destroyed by crime and drug activity. These places are very good but they don't stay open at night. except Antonetta's. Go grab a quick lunch at any of them and you will not be disappointed!

DA

• Like 1

We went to a local spot called Spiro's last year on Saturday for breakfast. I don't think they are open on Sundays.

It's a mom-and-pop luncheonette/diner, a little more than a half mile or so down State Street from the Holiday Inn. Easy walking distance from there (for most folks).

Some friends from Cabs Alumni told us about this spot. Good choice. Nothing fancy at all... just a good, straight-up, diner breakfast, and the folks who run the place are very friendly.

We're going back this year if all works out.

There's a fantastic place to eat not far from Tradition's practice site I remember eating at last time I was up there 2 years ago. I can't remember the name of it though :(

As a kid, I grew up on this place. My very first drum corps experience was some winter rehearsals with Crusaders and we would always stop here after practice. To this day, the best pizza I have ever had. They have since moved but I sure as hell would stop by...if I had any transportation!

http://www.proiettis.com/

Dan

where was the practice site and what kind of food/restaurant?

Our practice site is Barnard Park. Kinda like small diner food, but really good. Reminds me of the small town in Kentucky i grew up in.

As a kid, I grew up on this place. My very first drum corps experience was some winter rehearsals with Crusaders and we would always stop here after practice. To this day, the best pizza I have ever had. They have since moved but I sure as hell would stop by...if I had any transportation!

http://www.proiettis.com/

Dan

I can always go for some pizza! Maybe I can bring some by for you! lol