Corps Owned Rehearsal Sites

Not even sure it's outright ownership, but if it isn't, it's on a very long-term lease. We're now up to two full fields (one for BDA, one for BDB), GE box, storage areas, bleachers, restrooms, sprinklers, perimeter fencing, etc. Much of the infrastructure needs work, and we are embarking on some substantial upgrades/refurbishing. Alumni calls for a beer garden with patio overlooking the field, have gone unheeded. Sigh.

Loved the original GE box...a piece of plywood perched on top of four telephone poles, no handrails, and staff had to climb the metal linesman cleats to get up there. Hazardous as hell. LOL

That's ####-well un-American!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Not even sure it's outright ownership, but if it isn't, it's on a very long-term lease. We're now up to two full fields (one for BDA, one for BDB), GE box, storage areas, bleachers, restrooms, sprinklers, perimeter fencing, etc. Much of the infrastructure needs work, and we are embarking on some substantial upgrades/refurbishing. Alumni calls for a beer garden with patio overlooking the field, have gone unheeded. Sigh.

Loved the original GE box...a piece of plywood perched on top of four telephone poles, no handrails, and staff had to climb the metal linesman cleats to get up there. Hazardous as hell. LOL

Squatters' rights then?

re: BDCorno, on 29 Aug 2016 - 4:57 PM, said:

snapback.png

That's ####-well un-American!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply,

They may have to pay royalties and licensing fees to Couchmen and INT.

• Like 1

Glassman had G-West. I always assumed they owned that.

I also learned drill at the Star of Indiana facility in IN. I believe it was a converted elementary school.

Z

Did own it and was sold at auction. On my way back from finals I stopped by for the first time since the corps folded. Old Chesterfield high school looks the exact same.

You could not have paid me enough money to climb up that ########!

Ahhhh, Mars....surface of the sun in daylight, Arctic cold at night.

If you can march clean there, you can march clean anywhere!

I think Tedesco still owns the actual land, but IIRC, Jerry Seawright leased it for $1 a year back in the day....

• Like 1

Glassman had G-West. I always assumed they owned that.

I also learned drill at the Star of Indiana facility in IN. I believe it was a converted elementary school.

Z

Glassmen did own G-West, the former Chesterfield School in Fulton County, Ohio, about 30 minutes west of Toledo. As part of the corps bankruptcy, the school was auctioned off this past spring.

Seriously, what is they own? A building, football field? Parking lot? Not sure if BD owns Mars. But they have been there forever. Other corps own or maybe lease their own buildings.

Pioneer legally owns the 7 acre plot, named "Pioneerland." Pioneer owns a building large enough to store all of their current busses, equipment and food trailers, and the trailer's semi-trucks, which all fit in the garage section, with a storage room (on both floors), and a uniform room. They also own a rehearsal field, that has a press box built out of materials donated to the corps, as well as a second field currently being constructed. Plus they also have a parking lot that they lease and rent out parking spots to for local businesses.

• Like 1